We are a group of experienced startup and media operators building a portfolio of hyper-targeted publications to provide executives and decision makers with original reporting and solutions journalism. Our mission is to disrupt traditional business media by empowering entrepreneurial editors and reporters to own their beats.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial journalist to lead a new publication for cybersecurity professionals in the healthcare sector. As the publication’s editor, the successful candidate will embed within the industry, helping an audience of working experts cope with external threats and internal communication and management challenges by offering reportage and analysis of events, trends, and best practices. Candidates will have previous experience covering cybersecurity as well as an ambition to build and share a powerful platform. The new publication editor should be prepared to publish with conviction while also soliciting and giving voice to new ideas.
As the leader of Paperwork Studios’s first publication, the successful candidate will play a critical consultative role in the ongoing development of our portfolio beyond the first title, consulting on editorial recruiting and working directly with the CEO to build a new kind of journalism outfit.
- Conceive, launch and build a daily, newsletter-based publication for cybersecurity professionals working in the healthcare sector
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar while building out franchises and tentpoles
- Report on issues affecting diversity professionals in the technology sector
- Assign and edit contributions from reporters, relevant stakeholders, and thought leaders capable of providing powerful insight
- Manage resources and budgets in service of an editorial and business goals
- Liaise with executive management and investors to ensure editorial goals are realistic, while also providing feedback and guidance for the business as a whole