CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization — driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. We’re breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
We’re based in New York City’s Soho neighborhood with a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Manager Systems Electrical Engineer who will design and develop embedded systems and integrated processes to support an innovative manufacturing automation program. In this role, you will work closely with an R&D-focused Manufacturing Team of Engineers and Product Designers, and report directly to the VP of Manufacturing. Collaboration with the Mechanical Engineering and Software Engineering teams on device testing, verification, certification, manufacturing, quality, and compliance is a key part of this role.
- Collaborate with internal teams and industry partners to prototype and develop core technologies for future products
- Define system architecture, system requirements, product performance and specifications
- Develop advanced sensor and system integration for semi-autonomous robotic machinery operating in an industrial manufacturing setting
- Build a rich set of manufacturing capabilities based upon sophisticated sensors, machine vision and electromechanical manipulator and control systems
- Source, qualify, select, and validate a variety of sensors, electronic systems and hardware, motors and actuators, and industrial electrical components and systems
- Rapid prototyping of sensor and actuator subsystems to eliminate uncertainties in the development of automated industrial processes
- Design and conduct system validation and compliance testing
- Participate in troubleshooting sensor, actuator, and controls problems that arise in pre-production systems
- Develop tests, setup continuous integration pipelines, and document design decisions
- Work with your team and the entire organization in a highly-communicative Agile development process
- Masters or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or related field
- 10+ years industry experience in electrical engineering
- SoC, MCU, DDRAM, PMIC, DC motors, Opto-electrical system, sensors, and LiDAR
- PCB board/system level, digital, analog, RF and mixed signal designs
- Hands-on experience in power circuit, battery management circuit of robot and portable device
- Experience working with Robots, Robotics systems is a plus
- System firmware development and validation
- Strong multithreaded programming skills with languages commonly used in embedded systems and robotics such as C, C++, Python, Labview, Matlab
- PCB design experience with ECAD such as OrCAD, P-CAD. Altium, etc
- Well-versed in Test-Driven Development (TDD) or similar practices, and able to speak about how you design and build code for testability and verification
- Strong written and verbal skills. You will need to document what you plan to build, discuss designs with your team, give visibility into your progress, and raise questions and concerns
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Start-up to scale-up experience
- Strength in resourceful and creative problem solving in dynamic team environments
- Ability to lead and thrive in a complex team of individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to think creatively, be a self-starter working independently as necessary
- Collaborative engineer that puts the company and team first
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.