CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization—driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. We’re breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
We’re based in New York City’s Soho neighborhood with a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
As our Concept & Trend Director, you will be responsible for researching, identifying and crafting macro-trend direction and product-design direction, developing an encompassing company Design Direction for surface, graphics and print artworks for fashion apparel and accessory categories.
In this role, you will work closely with the Creative Director and Art Direction team in developing actionable, trend-relevant stories. You will utilize trend resources and market intel to develop and evolve concepts for design direction.
You will support our ArtBook platform and digital asset library of graphics and prints for fashion apparel and accessories.
- Identify and interpret macro consumer, cultural and lifestyle trends into relevant and actionable insights and strategies, relevant to the fashion industry and key apparel/accessory markets
- Define, translate, and curate product-design trends for Fashion, Activewear, Streetwear and Accessories with specific focus to Surfaces, Prints, Graphics, Color and Materials
- Support Creative Direction and Design Direction through the creation of useful, usable, trend-rooted concepts and strategies that ensure market relevancy, timeliness and purpose
- Establish, maintain and nurture trend-research methods and external resource relationships to determine, anticipate and validate future trends (cultural drivers, consumer, fashion design, market, retail, industry trends and innovation advancements)
- Capture, convey, and effectively communicate trend, design and product information to internal teams and partner agencies via visual presentations, tools, reports and other collateral
- Participate in design reviews, providing constructive feedback to ensure product briefs, directions and designs are rooted to market needs and consumer trends
- Rich experience forecasting macro, cultural, consumer and fashion trends, how they evolve, and their impact on business and markets
- Keen passion for graphic design, with experience and involvement in fashion design, production, application and collection development; manufacturing experience is a plus
- Presentation-design expertise (concept visualization, infographics, way-finding, etc.) and an ability to convey conceptual information in a concrete, tangible manner
- Effective and confident presentation style to various levels of the organization, including Senior Management
- Working independently, performing a variety of tasks at varying levels of complexity by developing effective plans and organizing work efficiently
- Participate conscientiously and with accountability within the team and with cross-functional departments/agencies to facilitate effective outcomes
- 6+ years of Concept Design, Trend Forecasting and/or Graphics Design experience
- Advanced level Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign experience
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Ability to mentor more junior designers
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Fashion Design or Graphics Design
- Portfolio required with application
Working at CreateMe:
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our flexible Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.