CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization — driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. We’re breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
We’re based in New York City’s Soho neighborhood with a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Robotics Engineer to design and develop systems and processes to support an innovative manufacturing automation program. In this role, you will work closely with an R&D-focused Hardware team of engineers and product designers. You will work collaboratively with the Mechanical Engineering and Software Engineering teams on device testing, verification, certification, manufacturing, quality, compliance, and documentation.
- Define software systems architecture for robotics/automation hardware solutions
- Develop software codebase, program firmware of various levels for the hardware solutions
- Develop industrial automation solutions
- Work collaboratively with outside vendors
- Write tests to validate system performance and compliance
- Support Hardware team with troubleshooting sensors, actuators, and subsystems in pre-production phase
- Collaborate with Hardware and Software teams in an agile development environment
- Provide reports and documentation as required for intellectual property filing
- MS or PhD in Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics or related field
- 5+ years experience in robotics programming/coding
- Strong automation experience, including industrial automation solutions and vendors
- OEM and system integrator dynamics knowledge
- Experience optimizing processes in factory floors or supply chains
- Strong multithreaded programming skills with languages commonly used in embedded systems and robotics such as C, C++, Python, ROS, and Rust
- Solid knowledge of robotics algorithms and an understanding of real time systems
- Solid knowledge of concurrent programming and memory management in bare-metal, RTOS, or Linux-based environments
- Ability to read and write sensor and actuator drivers written in a C-like language
- Experience using common Linux command-line tools for building and testing code
- Strong communication, ability to communicate complex concepts to leadership
- Start-up to scale-up experience - resourceful self-starter with demonstrated creative problem solving in dynamic team environments
- Ability to lead and thrive in a complex team of individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Working at CreateMe:
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our flexible Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.