CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization — driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. We’re breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
We’re based in New York City’s Soho neighborhood with a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a VP of Strategy & Operations, Digital Content to function as the general manager for the business and own the P&L for Design Asset Library (DAL). You will have the opportunity to drive revenue growth and profitability by defining, implementing and maintaining a strategy in support of CreateMe’s customer and global contributor base while ensuring that strategies are translated into operational activities for Creative Operations, Product Management, Engineering, and Commercialization to ensure revenue and margin targets are met.
Proven Leadership in the digital content industry is the defining characteristic of a successful candidate for the VP of Strategy & Operations, Digital Content (Relocation May be Provided).
The VP will have comprehensive knowledge of the changing content landscape and lead the development and execution of the strategy to enable us to capitalize on global opportunities. More specifically:
- Drive and refine the DAL business model strategy, execution, and economics of direct CM owned and 3rd party content licensing,
- Understand the current and anticipated needs of our customer and contributor base while providing the most compelling experience, innovative tools and valuable services to drive market share
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to envision and create a best in class experience for customers and contributors by ensuring seamless access, a consistent user experience, unparalleled fast and relevant search
- Scale B2B audiences, revenue, and consumers of the DAL
- Scale and optimize designs, designers, and incumbent workflow, payment and onboarding tools for providers to the DAL
- Clear understanding of business economics and legal frameworks underpinning ‘name and like-ness’, and/or ‘image’ licensing
Growth Strategy & Operations
- Prioritize, align, and drive revenue-driving efforts across our Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing functions
- Lead and manage detailed, cross-functional initiatives, as well as the overarching business development from ideation to strategy to implementation to operational execution
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company including Design & Marketing, Product Management, and Finance
Finance & Analytics
- Understand the details of the business activities enabling you to prepare and maintain the financial forecast and P&L for the DAL business
- Synthesize, summarize and present data analysis to support strategic decision making
- Communicate key analytical insights and actions across the company
- Proven General Manager with 5+ years running content businesses; having led a business unit and has been responsible for the Strategy, P&L, and Growth
- At least 15+ years of overall working experience in the Digital Content Industry
- Strong strategic thinking and business judgment
- Outstanding communication, influencing, organizational and analytical skills
- Proven ability to balance priorities, projects, budgets and tasks balanced with a knack for problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Strong understanding of legal frameworks and business economics for ‘name and like-ness’ and image licensing
- Apparel experience focus a plus
Working at CreateMe:
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our flexible Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.