CreateMe Technologies is a well-funded technology platform in stealth mode, at the intersection of automation, customization, and apparel. Our goal is to develop a cutting-edge customization technology for everything from apparel, accessories to finished goods. We're hiring a Director of Talent and People in New York. Come work with us, and you’ll be surrounded by subject matter experts looking to build the future in personalization. CreateMe is based in New York City.
The Director of Talent and People will be responsible for partnering with teams on all activities from talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management and compensation, organization support, and learning and development. We're in growth mode so we need someone with the drive and passion to execute day-in and day-out, and someone eager to partner and collaborate with various stakeholders to manage and retain top talent. This person will be responsible for the candidate and employee experience helping to set and manage expectations of employees from day one. Success in this role requires a high degree of organization, strong communication skills, creative thinking and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
Other responsibilities include:
- Drive effective recruiting, selection and onboarding activities by partnering with managers to ensure they have the support they need to find and select outstanding candidates
- Coordinate agency recruiters, candidate submissions, and interview schedules for all employees
- Collect and submit payroll-related data and liaise with our PEO partner to deliver payroll accurately and timely
- Benefits administration, including timely and thorough guidance regarding eligibility, issue resolution, employee education, and supporting enrollment efforts
- Diagnose opportunities for performance development, performance management and corrective action program
- Support the creation and evolution of our talent strategy to support our performance and growth
- Support the compensation review process to ensure consistent and fair decisions are made in regards to promotion, bonus, and salary increases; provide training and counseling on the performance management process
- Build relationships with employees, and become a resource and trusted confidante to all
- Amplify our culture by leading the charge on living the values. Oversee the organization of ongoing events and develop new, innovative, and social ways to directly enrich the day-to-day of our employees
- Partner with management to resolve employee relation issues; provide coaching, counseling and guidance to management and staff; collaborate with legal counsel on issues as appropriate
- Manage all facets of HR technology including but not limited to: HRIS, ATS, and LMS
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of federal and state statutes. Ensure compliance of programs and practices
What you need to succeed at CreateMe:
- Bachelor's degree and 6-10 years of Human Resources experience in a technical environment
- Prior start-up experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in HRMS, Microsoft Office and related HR software (experience with Greenhouse a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability in project management and/or implementation of new processes, initiatives or programs in HR/Talent Development
- Understanding of the importance of company culture, and its power to drive success
It’d be great if you also have:
- PHR, SPHR or HRCI certification
- Strong overall business and financial acumen. Previous experience in a non-HR related role is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and listening skills
When applying, please tell us why you're interested in this opportunity and why you'll be a good fit in this role.
Working at CreateMe
- You’ll be a part of a community and take part in our Lunch and Learns and team outings
- You can stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office and enjoy our flexible Paid Time Off
- You can learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Our great office locations are easily accessible to public transportation and are stocked with healthy snacks
- You can save for the long term with our 401(k) program
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.