Crafty is seeking a Senior Equipment & Service Manager to build and execute on our Equipment & Service operational needs for the broader organization. Based out of our warehouse in Carol Stream, this role will also make frequent visits to our Chicago HQ, other Crafty & partner warehouses, client locations, vendor sites, and occasionally travel to other markets as needed.
This role will focus on elevating our equipment and service operations to a best in class level. They will have the opportunity to help build training programs, refurbishment operations, parts inventory & management, and our national approach to equipment service, all while driving team engagement and client satisfaction.
The Senior Equipment & Service Manager will collaborate with our Equipment & Service team and the company as a whole to meet the needs of our rapidly growing organization. This will involve supporting 20+ markets where Crafty has equipment & service operations deployed. This role will report to the Senior Director of Fulfillment who is based out of the Chicago market. We are searching for an individual who embodies our core values and is excited to partner cross-functionally on all things equipment and service related!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Training: develops equipment and service training plans for the following teams; service technicians, delivery specialists, and client location team members. This training will focus on both onboarding and continuing education. They will also be responsible for designing and implementing training benches at all Crafty warehouse locations.
- Equipment refurbishment: helps build and manage the day to day operations of our equipment refurbishment program. Ensures returned equipment is reviewed in a timely manner, refurbished to a high standard, and updated in the system accordingly.
- Parts inventory & management: partners with warehouse and system experts to define the best method for developing and maintaining our spare parts inventory in all Crafty warehouse/service operations. Once established they are responsible for ensuring service technicians have the resources needed to be successful while managing cost.
- Equipment downtime: helps build and maintain processes that limit equipment downtime and when downtime does occur has plans in place to reduce client impact. Owns metric performance in assigned Crafty markets.
- Relationship building & equipment expertise: builds and maintains relationships with key equipment vendors and service providers. Understands what types of equipment are on the cutting edge and also fit with our food and beverage programs. Is seen as the expert in machine recommendations based off of office layouts and usage.
- Work order management: owns end to end execution of timely and successful work order resolution. Continues to improve processes to reduce work orders and increase speed of resolution.
- Fleet management: manages service vehicle fleet including proper licensing and registration. This person will also own the development of tools & parts storage and inventory tracking within our service vehicles.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth startup, participate in many of Crafty’s operational initiatives, and grow your career in the equipment and service industry.
Who we are:
Crafty’s mission is to help companies craft better workplaces by providing the services and technology to deliver a modern, comprehensive food & beverage program for their employees, no matter where they work. After operating with a vertically integrated supply chain (i.e., directly fulfilling orders from Crafty-operated distribution centers) in Chicago and the Bay Area, our team launched a third party fulfillment model that has rapidly scaled our coverage into over 25 markets globally, in just a year’s time.
At Crafty, we have a diverse, high-powered team, comprised of folks in technology, supply chain operations, field operations, sales, account management, and more. Our workplace is dynamic, fast-paced, and just plain fun; we pride ourselves in having an amazing mix of humans who make up our team!
Who we are looking for:
- 8+ years of equipment & service experience, ideally in a growth, fast-paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of coffee equipment, kegerators, water machines, ice machines, and refrigeration. Needs to have extensive knowledge of plumbing and electrical best practices.
- Existing relationships with key manufacturers and distributors of industrial coffee, ice, and water machines.
- Proven track record of building out equipment training and bench testing programs
- Experience leading the development and implementation of new processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate guidelines for equipment installations at various locations with differing building rules and infrastructure.
- Experience leading teams and developing employees.
- Ability to build and maintain processes that drive successful outcomes for our team and clients.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Of high integrity and judgment. You’ll have to exercise good judgment and discretion at all times as it relates to building strong relationships with teammates and clients.
- Entrepreneurial minded. Building and rebuilding is part of what drives you. You are excited by creating processes and continuously improving them.
- Extraordinarily organized. Detail-orientation is an absolute must. You have tried-and-true methods in your arsenal for staying organized and on top of it all.
- Extremely hard working. We are a startup with the mentality that no job is too big or too small.
- Calm and collected in the line of fire. On a day where everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, you find a way to stay positive and promote that attitude across Crafty.
- Passionate about growth. We have a bright future ahead – which depends on our team’s spirit, morale, and work ethic.
- A great people manager. You know how to connect and communicate effectively with your team, helping them grow and develop professionally. You have a successful track record mentoring folks to grow and take on more responsibility within an organization.
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you’re joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly hard and know how to get things done. Building the structure to support our team as it continues to grow will have a tremendous impact in enabling our growth today and shaping the company that we become.
Our employees are joining our team, and we are proud to offer a compensation package that includes an option to join our Crafty healthcare plan to cover health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, equipment certification courses, and parental leave. And, it goes without saying, but snacks, beverages, and fun Crafty events are a part of that!
Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.