Crafty Baristas are the face of our Cafe Program. They are the team member that operates our client cafe service on a daily basis. It is a high-energy role for people who derive positive energy from working with people.
On a daily basis, our Crafty Baristas will report to a dedicated client cafe to perform the below duties:
Customer Service and Equipment Management
- Receive orders in-person and through our online ordering platform, and make drinks in a timely manner
- Provide excellent customer service to create a hospitable environment for clients
- Daily stock of product in all applicable areas of the cafe and merchandise these products to the Crafty Service Creed standard
- Maintain a clean workspace following health and sanitation guidelines
- Perform opening and closing duties, including equipment care and maintenance, and product management
- Assist with inventory of all Crafty-supplied product in the space on a predetermined cadence
- Assist with identifying slow and fast-moving products, and making recommendations to Account Management based on observations and interactions with clients
- Receive and organize deliveries
Client Communication and Liaison to Client Services
- Build relationships with each client and employees while providing service to their cafe
- Gathering feedback from the client on ways we can improve
- Communicate issues and needs to the Account Management and Field Operations teams on an as-needed basis
- Communicate any outstanding client needs to the Account Management and Field Operations teams
- Communicate with the delivery team when applicable
- Working closely with the Senior Barista on tasks and projects, both long and short term
This role reports directly to the Field Coordinator (Cafe) team.
Who we are:
Crafty’s mission is to help companies craft better workplaces by providing the services and technology to deliver a modern, comprehensive food & beverage program for their employees, no matter where they work. After operating with a vertically integrated supply chain (i.e., directly fulfilling orders from Crafty-operated distribution centers) in Chicago and the Bay Area, our team launched a third party fulfillment model that has rapidly scaled our coverage into over 25 markets globally, in just a year’s time.
At Crafty, we have a diverse, high-powered team, comprised of folks in technology, supply chain operations, field operations, sales, account management, and more. Our workplace is dynamic, fast-paced, and just plain fun; we pride ourselves in having an amazing mix of humans who make up our team!
Who we are looking for:
- 1+ years barista experience working with a full espresso bar.
- Hospitality: working in a service environment that prioritizes the customer experience.
- Customer Service: solving customer challenges on the spot with the end goal of solving for their happiness!
- Reliable: our baristas must be punctual and reliable.
- Flexible: adapting to a less traditional cafe environment and using your skills to navigate unpredictable requests from customers and the Crafty team.
- Prioritization: executing and delegating short-term tasks that require quick turnaround while also progressing on long-term projects.
- Morning person: This is a major must! Shifts can start as early as 6am.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 14 days after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
- 14 days after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
- 14 days after you've received 2 doses of any "mix-and-match" combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated.
- Social energy - able to build genuine relationships with a consistent customer base
- Respect and care for coworkers - contributing to a mindful and effective team environment
- Consistent and thorough communication throughout the shift
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to frequently lift up to 15+ lbs, working on your feet, and frequent bending and lifting
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you're joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly hard and know how to get things done. Building the structure to support our team as it continues to grow will have a tremendous impact in enabling our growth today and shaping the company that we become. Compensation will start at $20/hr + a minimum of $1.50/hr in tips.
Our employees are joining our team, and we are proud to offer a compensation package that includes an option to join our Crafty healthcare plan to cover health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, and parental leave. And, it goes without saying, but snacks, beverages, and fun Crafty events are a part of that!
Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.