About the Company
Craft was founded in London in 2015, on an original idea to build a definitive “Source of Truth” on companies - as Zillow is to homes, Craft is to companies.
Into this vision, Craft has built the most comprehensive data platform combining more diverse sources of data and insight on companies than any provider in the market. Craft’s website appears in 100 million organic search results, and delivers value for 2.2 million unique users each month. Simultaneously, Craft has uncovered significant and under-appreciated white space in Enterprise Supplier Intelligence, which is today undergoing unprecedented transformation.
To large enterprise clients including many Fortune 500 brands and government entities, Craft licenses a modular cloud portal loaded with alerts, insights, integrations and collaboration features, delivering step change in Supplier Discovery, Evaluation, Monitoring and Supply Chain resilience, as well as cutting edge market intelligence for multiple departments across the modern enterprise. Contracts are 6 and 7 figures, multi-year, and revenue is on track to grow 3X for the second consecutive year. While many business intelligence products require clients to ‘bring your own data’, Craft’s data platform deploys on day 1 packed with thousands of traditional and alternative data types, resulting in a more powerful 360-degree view of any target company in the world. Beyond supply chain, Craft’s service has proven value in sales, competitive intelligence, M&A research, investment research and other use cases. Enterprise intelligence is an emerging $100Bn+ market.
Craft’s headquarters are in San Francisco, with just over 100 team-members located in the US, Canada, UK and Europe.
A Note to Candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Role and Responsibilities
The Vice President of Engineering will be responsible for building, growing, and optimizing a world-class engineering organization. This leader will work cross-functionally to develop and drive the end–to–end technology strategy and execution for the business.
In this role you will
- Lead and manage a growing engineering organization (27 today across North America and Europe).
- Establish a world-class engineering culture focused on collaboration, quality and speed of execution.
- Drive the engineering growth strategy by attracting the most talented, product-minded individual contributors and managers.
- Build a high-performing engineering management team with coaching and mentoring mindset to let them grow and progress in their careers.
- Partner with the executive team to drive headcount planning and staffing allocations in support of Craft product and business goals.
- Design organizational structure, processes, systems, and tools to help Craft scale effectively.
- Work with the executive leadership team on strategic & quarter planning, including defining OKRs that hold the engineering team accountable for their deliverables.
- Work closely with the Product team to shape new product features and initiatives, ensuring the feasibility that will allow Craft to continue to scale.
- Help guide strategic decision-making, especially new technical partnerships and/or acquisitions.
- Partner closely with Craft CTO to ensure that our long term technology strategy and roadmap is well aligned with product team strategies and roadmaps.
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading and supporting engineering organizations through high growth.
- 5+ years of experience in people and engineering leadership roles as a Director or VP and 10+ years in software/data engineering.
- A leader with a vision for how to build a highly effective, healthy engineering organization, an ally who weaves diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the organization as a fundamental value.
- Demonstrated repeated success in recruiting and retaining world class engineering teams. Engineers who've worked for you in the past want to follow you here.
- Excellent business & product sensibility along with experience partnering closely with product management to achieve business goals.
- Proven ability to listen to and align with C-level executives and other major stakeholders on engineering priorities.
- Effective at written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to succinctly represent complex technical concepts to varied audiences and different levels of leadership.
- Prior experience at high-growth, venture-backed startups.
Core company values
- Excellence and Humility
Books that have inspired us:
- Jim Collins, Good to Great
- Andy Grove, High Output Management
- Marty Kagan, Inspired
- Patrick Lencioni, The Advantage
- Competitive salary + equity at a well-funded, fast-growing startup
- Unlimited vacation time
- Option to work remotely
- Covered vision, dental, and health insurance
- Gym, phone, internet, and audible/books stipend
- Apple laptop
- Workstation allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
- Collaborative, high-paced, supportive culture