About the Company
Craft is an enterprise intelligence company helping organizations accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains, market intelligence, and more.
Examples include social good and equity, where companies can easily discover and evaluate diverse suppliers, such as minority, women, and/or veteran-owned businesses, ones that use environmentally sustainable practices, and reveal the investors. Due to the Covid pandemic, products are hard to find and manufacturing has been impacted. Craft provides a 360 degree view all their suppliers so clients can quickly pivot when alerted to risks and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors from Silicon Valley and elsewhere, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with a headquarters in San Francisco and offices in London and Minsk. We fully support and encourage remote workers, and have team members based in Seattle, LA, and Salt Lake City. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly growing team.
Hear our CEO talk about the benefits and future of Craft at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts/fosc-76-ilya-levtov-of-craft
About the role
Craft is seeking a motivated team (squad) lead who will be leading the team that is responsible for a key product and significant differentiator in Craft's portfolio.
In this role you will
- Lead a team of talented software engineers located in Europe
- Define (in collaboration with the whole squad and driving squad's processes): stand-ups, plannings (with PM), grooming, sprint reviews
- Managing the How and the When
- Monitor each sprint's progress and remove roadblocks impeding the product's development; lead sprint reviews
- Work with a product manager and a designer to provide feasibility and high-level estimations for the product roadmap and ensure the product backlog is up to date
- Communicate changes in the product backlog to the development team
- Motivate the development team to complete tasks on time
- Report on the success of the sprint
- Advocate for modern engineering best practices by conducting architecture reviews and ensuring security, scalability, and resilience from the end system
- Identify product/functionality gaps and collaborate with internal product and technology teams to define necessary development
We'd love to hear from you if you have
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering and a minimum of two years leading engineering teams
- Experience leading and collaborating with remote engineering teams
- Background in BI, data warehousing or data engineering
- Experience in business analysis: gathering requirements from clients or customers
- Excellent leadership skills with strong collaboration and communication aptitude, especially with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of successfully leading a team, while working on a user-focused product (preferably in the enterprise analytics space)
- Extreme ownership and accountability, a "can-do" and "get-it-done" attitude
- In-depth knowledge of multiple programming languages, frameworks, and/or specialized systems and the ability to discern and articulate the relative merits of each
- Deep knowledge of AWS or other major cloud providers
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong team player, great listener, able to facilitate discussion and assimilate diverse opinions towards clear decisions
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative
A Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color tend not to apply for jobs unless they feel they meet exactly all items in the job description. We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't match everything listed in the job description.
To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Where We Can Hire
Our headquarters is in San Francisco, California. For this specific job, Craft is hiring people who are located in Europe. We currently have team members in the US (Bay Area, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, Boston), as well as Belarus, Canada, and the UK. We cannot currently sponsor work visas.