About the Company
Craft is an enterprise intelligence company helping organizations accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains, market intelligence, and more.
Examples include social good and equity, where companies can easily discover and evaluate diverse suppliers, such as minority, women, and/or veteran-owned businesses, ones that use environmentally sustainable practices, and reveal the investors. Due to the Covid pandemic, products are hard to find and manufacturing has been impacted. Craft provides a 360 degree view all their suppliers so clients can quickly pivot when alerted to risks and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors from Silicon Valley and elsewhere, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with a headquarters in San Francisco and offices in London and Minsk. We fully support and encourage remote workers, and have team members based in Seattle, LA, and Salt Lake City. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly growing team.
Hear our CEO talk about the benefits and future of Craft at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts/fosc-76-ilya-levtov-of-craft
A Note to Candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
Craft is looking for an experienced and motivated Data Engineer to join a team responsible for a key product within the organisation. As a core member of this team you will have a great say in how solutions are engineered and delivered.
Craft gives engineers a lot of responsibility, which is matched by our investment in their growth and development. We are growing quickly, and the only limits to your future growth with Craft are your interests and abilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building and optimising data pipelines (batch & streaming) for big data systems.
- Extracting, Analysing and Modelling of rich & diverse data sets.
- Applying Data mining to techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering, regression, classification, summarisation to extract value from our data sets.
- Ensuring data analysis is in line with company policies and regulations.
- Strong problem solving and the ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Support Data Engineering Lead in setting Data Strategies and vision.
- Keep track of emerging technologies & trends in the Data Engineering world, incorporating modern tooling and best practices at Craft.
- Coach and mentor other Data Engineers by providing leadership and regular feedback.
- Work on extendable data processing system that allows to add and scale pipelines with low-code approach
- Constantly review performance, infrastructure and deliverables of other engineering teams to help them improve
We'd love to hear from you if
- Show curiosity through asking questions, digging into to new technologies, and always trying to grow.
- 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with Python
- Knowledge and experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience using Terraform or other infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative.
- Have fundamental and deep knowledge of data engineering techniques: ETL (Batch & Streaming), DWH, Data Lakes, MPP
- Data analytical and statistical background would be a large plus
- AWS Services: S3, Batch, Athena, Lambda, Kinesis, Kafka, Redshift, RDS / Aurora Postgres, DynamoDB
- Data Pipelines: SQL, Python, IPython Notebooks, Pandas, Dask, aws-data-wrangler, Papermill, Airflow, Prefect
- Competitive salary + equity at a well-funded VC-backed startup
- High-end Apple laptop, and ergonomic workstation allowance
- Fun coworkers