About the Company
Craft is an enterprise intelligence company helping organizations accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains, market intelligence, and more.
Examples include social good and equity, where companies can easily discover and evaluate diverse suppliers, such as minority, women, and/or veteran-owned businesses, ones that use environmentally sustainable practices, and reveal the investors. Due to the Covid pandemic, products are hard to find and manufacturing has been impacted. Craft provides a 360 degree view all their suppliers so clients can quickly pivot when alerted to risks and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors from Silicon Valley and elsewhere, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with a headquarters in San Francisco and offices in London and Minsk. We fully support and encourage remote workers, and have team members based in Seattle, LA, and Salt Lake City. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly growing team.
Hear our CEO talk about the benefits and future of Craft at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts/fosc-76-ilya-levtov-of-craft
A Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color tend not to apply for jobs unless they feel they meet exactly all items in the job description. We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't match everything listed in the job description.
To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families. Let us know why this role appeals to you, why you will be great, and which requirements will stretch you. We are more interested in excited, talented candidates who are anxious to grow with us and help us solve hard problems than we are in hiring only those who have “been there, done that.”
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
Craft is seeking a motivated and skilled Full Stack Software Engineer, with experience building integrated, scalable, and robust SaaS applications and APIs. While our customers love our current product, the majority of our product vision still needs to be built. This means that our software engineers have the unique opportunity to design and build fundamental features and infrastructure for business-critical software used by some of the largest companies in the world.
Craft gives software engineers a lot of responsibility, which is matched by our investment in their growth and development. We are growing quickly, and the only limits to your future growth with Craft are your interests and abilities.
In this role you will
- Work in small, empowered feature teams with teammates across Design, Product, and Data Science to drive complex features from start to finish, across the full stack, including but not limited to the Craft Enterprise Portal, Craft Company API (currently 300+ endpoints).
- Have unlimited opportunity for taking ownership of features and areas with increasing scope, and for technical and leadership growth.
- Provide thoughtful, constructive code reviews in an environment of mentorship. We can all learn from each other regardless of title.
- Advocate for modern engineering best practices, and use metrics to measure change.
- Be encouraged to learn more about how a SaaS company works beyond engineering, to form stronger connections across disciplines, which ultimately leads to designing and building best-in-class products and services.
We'd love to hear from you if
- Have a proven track record of successfully built products and services.
- Show curiosity through asking questions, digging into to new technologies, and always trying to grow.
- A “Builder” of new products, not an “Optimizer” of existing products.
- Have experience working with databases like Postgres or MongoDB, and knowledge of AWS/Cloud, Terraform.
- Good knowledge of multiple frameworks, and/or specialized systems.
- Experience implementing complex software systems and services.
- Strong team player, great listener, able to facilitate discussion and guide diverse opinions towards clear decisions.
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative.
Meet Your Manager
Alex D’Angelo has over 17 years of professional software development experience. In his words: “I build collaborative, effective engineering teams and help develop leaders, all in service of making great products people love. I foster a supportive environment, where being open and vulnerable leads to deeper connections, growth from taking risks, and a stronger team overall. I’m also a huge fan of the Muppets and experimenting with baking bread.”
We want you to have a great interviewing experience and see this as a conversation. To help you prepare, the outline typically (but subject to change) looks like
- Recruiter (20 min) - non-technical phone call to discuss Craft, your background and answer questions.
- Hiring Manager (30 min) - non-technical video call to do a deeper dive into your background, the role and opportunity.
- Home coding exercise (< 30 min) - a small problem in a language of your choice. We're interested in the discussion, not watching you type, and keep it short to respect that you have responsibilities outside of the job search.
- Technical (60 min) - Video call reviewing the exercise, & deep dive on the design of a recent project of your choice.
- Final Interview (90 min) - Video call covering culture & product.
- Competitive salary + equity at a well-funded VC-backed startup
- Unlimited vacation time
- Flexible work hours
- Option to work remotely
- Excellent covered health, dental, and vision insurance + 401K
- Gym, phone, internet, and audible/books stipend
- High-end Apple laptop
- Workstation allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
- Collaborative, high-paced, supportive culture
Where We Can Hire
For this specific job, Craft is hiring people who are US citizens or permanent residents anywhere in the USA. We cannot currently sponsor work visas.