Craft is an enterprise intelligence company helping organizations accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains, among other company cohorts. Our clients, including Fortune 100 companies, government and military agencies, SMEs, asset management groups, and others, use our technology for supply chain intelligence, market intelligence and related use cases. Through our modular, secure, customizable portal, our clients can monitor any company they are working with and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors from Silicon Valley and elsewhere.
We’re not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. Our team is equally composed of musicians/artists and people into sports and the outdoors. The Craft team is globally distributed with a physical HQ in San Francisco, and offices in London, UK and Minsk, Belarus. We fully support and encourage remote workers! We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about data to join our rapidly growing team.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Craft is seeking a motivated Technical Lead who will be leading the Data Engineering chapter. The Data Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines ranging from simple ETL process to human-in-the-loop systems.
- Lead implementation of data pipelines ranging from simple ETL process to human-in-the-loop systems
- Own the technical direction, architecture, and engineering KPIs for data pipelines
- Manage a backlog alongside the product manager, ensure seamless project execution, and documentation of learnings
- Advocate for modern engineering best practices - Conduct effective code and architecture reviews, ensuring security, scalability and resilience, from the end system, product, service or module
- Manage a small team of in person and/or remote engineers
- Lead agile ceremonies for the core team, including: sprint planning, standups, weekly discussion and retrospectives
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in engineering tools, processes and workflows
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering and at least one year leading engineering teams
- Experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines
- Experience designing Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
- General understanding of machine learning and its trends
- Deep knowledge of AWS
- Work effectively in a start-up culture
- Humble and modest, yet confident
- Creative thinker
- Competitive compensation
- Team activities and events
- Sports activities reimbursement
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- 5 sick days per year
- International team
- Free snacks and drinks