Senior Business Development Representative
Craft is an enterprise intelligence company helping organizations accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains, among other company cohorts. Our clients, including Fortune 100 companies, government and military agencies, SMEs, asset management groups, and others, use our technology for supply chain intelligence, market intelligence and related use cases. Through our modular, secure, customizable portal, our clients can monitor any company they are working with and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors from Silicon Valley and elsewhere.
We’re not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. Our team is equally composed of musicians/artists and people into sports and the outdoors. The Craft team is globally distributed with a physical HQ in San Francisco, and offices in London, UK and Minsk, Belarus. We fully support and encourage remote workers! We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about data to join our rapidly growing team.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Craft is seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented, Senior Business Development Representative to join our team in Southern California. The position is remote and the candidate will work primarily from home, with periodic in person collaboration with our Head of Sales based in Orange County. In this role, you will manage the inbound and outbound communications for Craft to qualify, align and develop new business opportunities for Craft enterprise products. Craft’s open website (https://craft.co/) servies over 1.3M professionals each month (as of June 2020) and generates a steady stream of inbound leads. You will filter and qualify leads from a variety of channels, ensuring that pre-sales prospect engagements are targeted and efficient, and provide a high-quality experience for prospects engaging with Craft. Craft is growing rapidly in terms of revenue and users, and is in a position to offer significant growth opportunities, both professionally and personally.
- Qualify leads from inbound inquiries and outbound marketing campaigns
- Achieve a high-level of Craft product expertise to discuss, educate and convey the benefits of Craft usage for a range of use cases
- Manage inbound leads from targeted accounts, Global2000, US Govt and targeted account lists, and funnel leads appropriately
- Identify clusters of users within top accounts and manage outbound campaigns in partnership with Marketing and Sales leadership
- Identify prospect needs, qualify use cases, build trustworthy relationships
- Set meetings, qualify leads and run product demos for inbound leads
- Collect prospect feedback and communicate to Craft product management teams
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly business development reports for immediate manager and senior management team
- Identify and qualify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities and work with the sales teams to establish new revenue sources as well as personally growing annual recurring revenue in the existing licensed client base
- 1+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience
- “Startup” mentality with eagerness to work on every project, no matter how large or small
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data analysis, data visualization, and APIs
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office Suite, Gsuite, Slack, etc.
- Strong communications and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master new tools and technologies
- Program/project management skills a plus
- Bachelor degree required, with concentrations in marketing, communications, financial management preferred, statistics/data science/computer science or equivalent analytical discipline a plus
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, and adeptness at presenting
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Analytical problem solver
- Self-starter, independent, curious, takes initiative to probe and to resolve
- Ability to work in a startup environment with minimal supervision
- Proven ability and desire to work in a very fast paced and dynamic environment
- Competitive salary + equity at a well-funded VC-backed startup
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Option to work remotely
- Covered vision, dental, and health insurance
- Gym stipend
- Audible / books stipend
- Apple laptop and workstation allowance
- Fun coworkers
- And much more!