Craft is an enterprise intelligence company helping organizations accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains, among other company cohorts. Our clients, including Fortune 100 companies, government and military agencies, SMEs, asset management groups, and others, use our technology for supply chain intelligence, market intelligence and related use cases. Through our modular, secure, customizable portal, our clients can monitor any company they are working with and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors from Silicon Valley and elsewhere.
We’re not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. Our team is equally composed of musicians/artists and people into sports and the outdoors. The Craft team is globally distributed with a physical HQ in San Francisco, and offices in London, UK and Minsk, Belarus. We fully support and encourage remote workers! We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about data to join our rapidly growing team.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Lead implementation of features and products across the entire suite of enterprise applications including but not limited to Craft Enterprise Portal, Craft Company API (currently 300+ endpoints)
- Own the technical direction, architecture, and engineering KPIs for Craft Portal and Company API
- Run an end-to-end process for projects, bringing together key stakeholders and core team members to define scope; set goals; assess risks; identify personas, roles, and activities; and produce an initial backlog of stories.
- Manage a backlog alongside the product manager, ensure seamless project execution, and documentation of learnings
- Directly contribute to core interface design and write code
- Advocate for modern engineering best practices - Conduct effective code and architecture reviews, ensuring security, scalability and resilience, from the end system, product, service or module
- Manage a small team of in person and/or remote engineers
- Recruit and grow a remote team with superior engineering talent
- Lead agile ceremonies for the core team, including: sprint planning, standups, weekly discussion and retrospectives
- Drive project stories through estimation, selection for development, review, testing, deployment, and acceptance
- Identify product/functionality gaps and collaborate with internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in engineering tools, processes and workflows
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering and at least two years leading engineering teams
- Excellent leadership skills with strong collaboration and communication aptitude, especially with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of a successfully managed user-focused product, preferably in the enterprise analytics space
- Extreme ownership and accountability, a can-do, get-it-done attitude
- In-depth knowledge of multiple programming languages, frameworks, and/or specialized systems. Ability to discern and articulate the relative merits of each
- Deep knowledge of AWS
- Experience leading and collaborating with remote engineering teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Creative thinker
- Strong team player, great listener, able to facilitate discussion and assimilate diverse opinions towards clear decisions
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative
- Competitive salary + equity at a well-funded VC-backed startup
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Option to work remotely
- Covered vision, dental, and health insurance
- Apple MacBook
- Fun coworkers
- And much more!