Hello Crabi Candidate
Crabi is a startup Tapatía (we’re from Guadalajara) and we’re committed to creating a great car insurance experience. We want our customers and their beloved ones to feel safe behind the wheel, with a digital insurance company that got their backs. We want to change what it means to have car insurance.
We’re on the hunt for what we like to call an Authentic Team Player: hands-on, pushing their team to grow, energetic from zero to launch, back, and to the moon.
Your mission will be to create from scratch and improve on the systems that make Crabi’s engines go round. We aim to create a scalable, secure and reliable platform for our users and operations, changing the way car insurance is done.
Your team is passionate about using technology for building scalable and enjoyable solutions; autonomous by nature, you will own your involvement, development, and continuous transformation of work, tools, and mind: Growth Never Stops!
You will achieve
- You’re involved in all of the development life cycle, working with product people, stakeholders, QA and other developers to build great systems.
- Your code is clean, and you strive for continuous improvement by reviewing your peer’s contributions and having yours reviewed.
- Your thoughts and proposals for improvement are heard and greatly appreciated! We never stop growing and improving.
- Back up your proposals with data and metrics, and have effective communication with product and stakeholders about their pros and cons.
- Design scalable, reliable and secure software systems, using architecture patterns and choosing the right technology for the job.
- You push for great documentation that keeps developers, product people and tech support in sync, and allows for great collaboration.
- Have your end users top of mind, whoever they may be: drivers, developers, tech support, other great people from Crabi...
- Work with and improve on a CI and CD pipeline.
What you’ll need
- Fair to solid experience designing and building web based services.
- Ability to effectively communicate with non technical teammates about needs, risks, pros and cons.
- Desire to learn! A new programming language, a new framework…
- Experience and knowledge of software architecture and patterns.
- Strong problem solving, algorithms and data structures skills.
Nice to have
- +5 years of experience developing scalable apps and platforms.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in a cloud infrastructure.
- Medical insurance
- Food coupons
- Savings fund
- Flexible hours
- Among others!