Vendor Operations Specialist
As a recognized thought leader in the Amazon space, CPC Strategy specializes in implementing performance growth on shopping channels that directly impact a retailer’s digital bottom line.
Named one of the “Best Places to Work in San Diego” by the San Diego Business Journal, one of Inc.’s “5000 Fast Growing Private Companies”, and one of the “Top Places to Work in San Diego” by the San Diego Union-Tribune, we are growing fast and currently looking to add a Vendor Operations Specialist to our team.
The ideal candidate will either have worked for Amazon or directly managed large brands/vendors that sell into Amazon. While ideally this position will be based in our San Diego office, a remote working environment will be considered for the right
Who You Are:
- First-hand understanding of the Vendor Central platform including in-depth understanding of Amazon Retail Analytics
- Understanding of how sound management of Vendor Central operations impacts marketing
- Experienced in interpreting chargebacks and the path for reducing or eliminating for our clients.
- Understanding the dynamics of the evolving Amazon Advertising platform and how operations impacts its performance
- An educator who can articulate the concepts behind Vendor Central metrics and create tools for Advertising Account Mangers to use on a day to day basis with clients
- A creative, analytical person who can identify the unique challenges facing a brand on Amazon, articulate them in a clear manner, and prescribe the best path forward
- Expertly honed project management skills and a power user of tools like Basecamp, Trello, Lessonly, and Slack
- Self-driven to succeed but collaborative with a team
- Naturally curious, hungry and driven towards mastery of the of the evolving eCommerce landscape
- Passionate about working for and able to help us realize our mission of becoming the leading Online Marketing Agency for Retailers
- A bright, genuine, and empathetic individual who is fun to be around
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the continuing development of best-in-class vendor operations management for Amazon Vendors
- Excel in client-facing efforts to provide strategic guidance to Amazon Vendors
- Manage weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports detailing vendor’s KPI performance metrics. Be able to clearly understand what the metrics mean and articulate a path for improvement.
- Work with Account Support staff to manage cases and projects including new item setups and catalog management
- Help brands understand how Amazon pieces fit together from operations to marketing, articulate where their opportunities are and advise on how to address them
- Clearly communicate the value and purpose of programs available to Amazon Vendors
- Create strategy for annual Amazon Vendor contract negotiations to help clients negotiate Amazon Vendor terms
- Advise on the optimal relationship (1P vs 3P) for each brand and assist in overcoming any and all hurdles associated with transitioning from a 3P to 1P account, or vice versa.
- Advise on how and why a Hybrid model may be beneficial for a Vendor
- Lead education efforts at CPC Strategy to train Sr. CPC Amazon Analysts on Vendor operational best practices
Why We’re One of the Best Places to Work in San Diego:
- Beautiful, brand new 27,000 sq. foot office space in the heart of the Gaslamp featuring panoramic views of San Diego
- A people-oriented leadership team that places a premium on culture
- Weekly company-wide huddle to share insight into business operations
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage with a generous employer contribution
- A commitment to providing and supporting professional development through Lunch and Learns, conference attendance, certifications and company-wide training seminars
- Fully stocked kitchen - all the fresh fruit, frozen burritos, sandwich fixings, and snacks your heart desires
- Cold brew coffee and craft beer on tap
- Quarterly company-wide events - think trips to the Del Mar Racetrack and BBQs at Liberty Station
- Free onsite gym and weekly yoga
- Dog-friendly office
- Lean In Program Partner
- Office-wide “Work From Home” schedule during the last week of the year
- ...and other standards, like our relaxed dress code, ping pong table, Donut Thursdays, PTO, game room, matching 401k, monthly Happy Hours, parking reimbursement…