Engagement Marketing Intern
Powered by a team of some of the brightest and most creative talent in the digital marketing industry, CPC Strategy specializes in implementing performance growth on shopping channels that directly impact a retailer’s digital bottom line.
Named one of the “Best Places to Work in San Diego” by the San Diego Business Journal, one of Inc.’s “5000 Fast Growing Private Companies," and one of the “Top Places to Work in San Diego” by the San Diego Union-Tribune, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team as interns.
We’re investing heavily in programs that engage and nurture the leads being generated by the Marketing team. Responsible for crafting relevant messages and creating meaningful touch-points with our target market, our engagement team possesses a rare combination of acute attention-to-detail and creativity.
This position will work on the execution of both our email and event marketing strategies. You will learn what role email marketing plays in B2B marketing context and how we use events to accelerate sales opportunities.
Who You Are:
- A current undergraduate or graduate program student majoring in Marketing, Communications, Analytics, Computer Science, Economics or another related field
- A true "utility player" who is excited by and excels in a variety of tasks
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Fluent in Google Sheets and/or Excel
- Genuine interest in working in a fast-paced, dynamic industry
- Competitive with yourself but collaborative with a team
- Driven by a curiosity to know 'how could we make this better?'
- Past experience with editing, Photoshop, HTML, Wordpress or data entry is a plus
- Passionate about working for and able to help us realize our mission of becoming the leading Online Marketing Agency for Retailers
- A bright, analytical, and organized self-starter who is fun to be around
What You’ll Do:
- Assisting with daily email marketing activities such as: setup, deployment, and A/B testing
- Working with the Email Marketing Manager on email creation/development
- Proofreading emails to ensure quality of communication
- Learning the ins-and-outs of email copy and how it's used as an engagement tool
- Weekly and monthly analytical reporting for email marketing performance
- Creating concepts for, setting up, and monitoring A/B tests (subject line, creative, copy, etc.) on a regular basis
- Venue/branding/swag sourcing for events
- Event logistics and campaign management
Why We’re One of the Best Places to Work in San Diego:
- Beautiful brand new 27,000 sq. foot office space in the heart of the Gaslamp featuring panoramic views of San Diego
- A people-oriented leadership team that places a premium on culture
- Weekly company-wide huddle to share insight into business operations
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage with a generous employer contribution
- A commitment to providing and supporting professional development through Lunch and Learns, conference attendance, certifications and company-wide training seminars
- Fully stocked kitchen – all the fresh fruit, frozen burritos, sandwich fixings, and La Croix your heart desires
- Cold brew coffee, kefir soda, and craft beer on tap
- Quarterly company-wide events – think trips to the Del Mar Racetrack and BBQs at Liberty Station
- Free onsite gym and weekly yoga
- Dog-friendly office
- Office-wide “Work From Home” schedule during the last week of the year
- Lean In Program Partner
- …and other standards, like our relaxed dress code, ping pong table, Donut Thursdays, PTO, game room, matching 401k, monthly Happy Hours, parking reimbursement…