Powered by a team of some of the brightest and most creative talent in the digital marketing industry, CPC Strategy specializes in implementing performance growth on shopping channels that directly impact a retailer’s digital bottom line.
Ranked 7th Nationwide for "Top Company Cultures" by Entrepreneur Magazine and named one of the “Best Places to Work in San Diego” by San Diego Business Journal, one of Inc.’s “5000 Fast Growing Private Companies”, and one of the “Top Places to Work in San Diego” by the San Diego Union-Tribune, we are growing fast and currently looking to add a Content Specialist to our team.
We are looking for the newest member of our Marketing team to grow CPC Strategy’s thought leadership with high-quality written content on our blog and other relevant outlets.
As the Business Journalist, your main responsibility will be to research and publish high-level content for our company blog with the goal of adding value to and attracting our target markets. We’re seeking an individual who loves the fast pace of the Digital Marketing and E-commerce/Retail industries, keeping up with strong writing and time management skills. You will be in direct contact with industry professionals and experts internally as well as externally to create engaging, thought-provoking blog content.
As a Business Journalist, you will be expected to develop industry sources, interview executives, and monitor activity, other publications, and press releases from relevant companies such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Amazon.
Who You Are:
- A voracious and skilled writer with the ability to alter your writing voice to different audiences
- An excellent verbal communicator with genuine curiosity to learn and understand when conducting interviews (over phone or in-person, when relevant)
- A master of time management who never fails to miss a deadline
- Proactive, extremely organized, and self-starting
- Highly efficient researcher that can quickly extract relevant bites from a variety of sources
- Unfazed by the pace and performance expectations of a successful digital agency
- Curious, hungry & driven towards mastery of the evolving eCommerce industry
- Competitive with yourself but collaborative with a team
- Passionate about working for and able to help us realize our mission of becoming the leading Online Marketing Agency for Retailers
- A bright, genuine, and empathetic individual who is fun to be around
What You’ll Do:
- Research and write 1,000+ word articles on industry newsbreaks and thought-pieces
- Source, write and fact-check news stories to deadline (with a guideline of 1 story per day) for the website, plus occasional longer analysis pieces and features
- Track progress and success of written material via Google Analytics
- Integrate defined SEO best practices into your writing and article structure
- Acquire and develop a thorough understanding of the wider digital marketing industry (ex. Facebook, Google, Amazon)
- Interview industry professionals (internally as well as externally for Q&As)
- Interview retailers for Q&As (ex: CEO or Ecommerce Director at UGGs, prAna)
- Assist in managing CPC’s social properties through the scheduling and publishing of compelling content to each channel
- Regularly generate ideas for new blog content that both adds value to our target personas and advances our larger goal of generating traffic
Why We’re One of the Best Places to Work in San Diego:
- Beautiful, brand new 27,000 sq. foot office space in the heart of the Gaslamp featuring panoramic views of San Diego
- A people-oriented leadership team that places a premium on culture
- Weekly company-wide huddle to share insight into business operations
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage with a generous employer contribution
- A commitment to providing and supporting professional development through Lunch and Learns, conference attendance, certifications and company-wide training seminars
- Fully stocked kitchen - all the fresh fruit, frozen burritos, sandwich fixings, and La Croix your heart desires
- Cold brew coffee and craft beer on tap
- Quarterly company-wide events - think trips to the Del Mar Racetrack and BBQs at Liberty Station
- Free onsite gym and weekly yoga
- Dog-friendly office
- Lean In Program Partner
- Office-wide “Work From Home” schedule during the last week of the year
- ...and other standards, like our relaxed dress code, ping pong table, Donut Thursdays, PTO, game room, matching 401k, monthly Happy Hours, parking reimbursement…