Position Name: Account Supervisor
Department: Account Management
Report to: Management Supervisor or Account Director
Brief Summary of the Position/Department:
The Account Supervisor is essentially are the eyes and ears of the account. The process is in your hands. Own it. From the brief to the overall creative process, briefing to presentation, and production through release. Know when to delegate and when to manage up.
- Oversee the creative process from briefing to presentation, and production through release. Know when to own, when to delegate and when to manage up.
- Serve as ambassador for the creative process
- Establish creative/client priorities
- Provide customized feedback to sell in work with creative counterparts.
- Manage the art of delivering client feedback to creative
- Actively participate in making the work great through a combined filter of client needs and creative excellence (vs. just moving a project along and checking boxes).
- Oversee and own all legal clearance, business affairs and production items (talent, music rights, licensing, edits, lifts).
- Own integration across all disciplines to create cohesive campaigns (i.e. Social messaging gels with TV campaign).
- Understand strategy and ensure that it translates into day-to-day account activity.
- Partner with Strategist in framing and writing creative briefs.
- Own research/testing processes
- Partner with Strategists on discussion guide development and participate in groups (when applicable), monitoring results, identifying next steps.
- Understand testing protocol and development of research materials (boards, scripts, animatics, spots).
General Account Management
- Lead client calls and meetings.
- Ensure all materials are received on time
- Set the meeting agenda/objectives
- Recap next steps, identifying deliverables and who is responsible
- Build a proficient understanding of your client’s business and the category.
- Learn the connection between creative deliverables and their impact on our client’s business (sale, traffic, buzz, brand health, awareness).
- Have a working knowledge of the client’s media strategy/plan and ability to represent CPB+’s perspective on media.
- Prioritize daily/weekly workflow, with an understanding of how projects fit into a larger program.
- Develop contingency plans, foresee roadblocks, problem solve through obstacles and manage up when needed.
- Proactively manage priorities with clients and be able to articulate trade-offs of re-prioritizations.
- Own management and training of Account Managers’s (i.e. timely and insightful reviews).
- Build proficiency in writing concise, articulate internal and client facing communications (emails, creative POVs, basic strategic and media POVs, creative set-ups.)
- Understand the CPB+ perspective and be able to represent the agency in challenging client situations
5-7 years of advertising agency experience.
Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
Leadership, Maturity and Advocacy
Multi, multi, multi tasker
Desire to push limits and go beyond the expected
Proactive approach to problem solving
Ability to take instruction and function as part of a team