Position Name: Employee Relations Sr. Advisor
Department: People & Culture
Report to: Head of People & Culture
Brief Summary of the Department:
The People & Culture team at CP+B is charged with attracting, retaining and developing the very best talent in the industry/ world in addition to creating an environment where all of our employees thrive both professionally and personally.
Position Description/ Essential Duties:
- Serves as the main point of contact for leaders and employees on employee relations issues, providing advice, advocacy, support and resolution while managing risk and ensuring compliance with regulatory/legal requirements and company policies/procedures.
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from employee disputes.
- Leads effective, thorough and objective investigations and provides recommendations for action.
- Provides expertise to support the development, design, implementation and administration of employee programs, practices and policies to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Analyzes employee relations trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Conducts employee exit interviews; identify trends and reviews with Leadership.
- Responsible for Performance management and follow up on performance improvement plans.
- Leads Quarterly Respectful workplace training.
- Handles all Unemployment claims.
- Ensures a fair and consistent approach to the organization’s policies and procedures, thus promoting a positive work environment consistent with company culture.
6+ years of HR experience with an emphasis on Employee Relations
Strong ability to assess situations and create innovative solutions
Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal laws
Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in a casual environment
Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence leaders up to a Executive level
Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Bachelor’s degree (in Human Resources is preferred, but not required)
PHR, SPHR or SHRM certification preferred
People focused with a positive attitude
Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Open to change and calm under pressure
Is motivated and results oriented
Is honest and has strong moral principals
A pioneer of new ideas
Ability to take instruction and function as part of a team
Follows the Golden Rule and treats others with respect