Cowbell is a fast-growing, next-generation cyber insurance provider, built on cutting-edge technology by a team of seasoned professionals united in their mission to achieve our ambitious goals. We believe in a people-first culture and know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team, so we make sure to reflect that in our core values, benefits & wellness program.
In support of increasing demand, we are actively looking for ambitious people, who are not afraid of hard-work, ambiguity and a dash of chaos, to join our team and be part of a growing institution where they can hone their skills and develop new ones in a fun, challenging and dynamic environment.
If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Cowbell Cyber is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join our team.
- Work with data scientists, engineers, actuaries and cyber security experts to Identify, research, prototype, evaluate and integrate research advances into Cowbell platform
- Analyze cyber security data to support your hypothesis and the team
- Build models to predict cybersecurity threat, insurance pricing and user enrichment
- Design and own A/B testing
- Mentor junior data scientists
- Be part of the “continuous underwriting” process at Cowbell
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics or any STEM field
- 5-8 years in Machine learning and Statistical analysis experience
- Ability to write production software in Python and conversant with AWS
- Knowledge and experience with SQL
- Experience with experimental design
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Masters or PhD with 5+ years of work experience
- Expert in Machine learning fundamentals and Statistical analysis
- Experience with NLP
Nice to have:
- Experience in Cybersecurity or Actuarial Science
- Experience with tools such as Airflow, MetaFlow/KubeFlow
- Experience with Postgres or other RDMS, Spark
What Cowbell brings to the table:
- Winner of Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of Best Workplaces for 2022
- Nationwide medical, dental and vision coverage plus life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts.
- Employee equity plan for all and wealth enablement plan for select customer facing roles.
- Comprehensive wellness program including unlimited PTO, monthly company-wide wellness days, wellness app subscriptions, lunch and learn, book club, get-togethers, lunch & communication stipends, happy hours and much more.