Cowbell is a fast-growing, next-generation cyber insurance provider, built on cutting-edge technology by a team of seasoned professionals united in their mission to achieve our ambitious goals. We believe in a people-first culture and know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team, so we make sure to reflect that in our core values, benefits & wellness program.
In support of increasing demand, we are actively looking for ambitious people, who are not afraid of hard-work, ambiguity and a dash of chaos, to join our team and be part of a growing institution where they can hone their skills and develop new ones in a fun, challenging and dynamic environment.
If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Partner with data scientists and business stakeholders to understand data needs and help build data products that scale across the company
- Drive the collection of new data from first-party and third party data sources and the refinement of existing data sources
- Design, develop and test new data models and data pipelines across a constellation of data sources and systems
- Aggregate and store quality data in an efficient and transparent manner for reporting, analytics, and data science uses
- Implement tools for monitoring and ensuring data quality and consistency
- Collaborate with Architects and Lead Engineers to implement and maintain the standards and consistency for the data-pipelines and best practices
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment software tools to support, enhance, and grow our CI and CD capabilities
- Proficient in database schema design, analytical and operational data modeling
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, etc. and rock-solid SQL skills
- Expert data modeling skills with experience tuning and optimizing for performance
- Experience with developing ETL Pipelines
- Experience with Data Warehousing solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift or similar solutions
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Experience building large scale distributed data systems
- Experience working with AWS/GCP/Azure big data technologies
- Experience with distributed computing technologies like Apache Kafka, Spark etc.
- Expertise in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Knowledge of database and software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle including
- Strong communication skills and experienced in gathering requirements
What Cowbell brings to the table:
- Winner of Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of Best Workplaces for 2022
- Nationwide medical, dental and vision coverage plus life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts.
- Employee equity plan for all and wealth enablement plan for select customer facing roles.
- Comprehensive wellness program including unlimited PTO, monthly company-wide wellness days, wellness app subscriptions, lunch and learn, book club, get-togethers, lunch & communication stipends, happy hours and much more.