At Cowbell, our mission is to protect small to medium-sized enterprises from evolving cyber threats. Join our fast-growing team of diverse and passionate individuals on this mission to reinvent how businesses manage cyber risk and buy cyber insurance.
Cowbell is a fast-growing, next-generation cyber insurance provider, built on cutting-edge technology by a team of seasoned professionals united in their mission to achieve our ambitious goals. We believe in a people-first culture and know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team, so we make sure to reflect that in our core values, benefits & wellness program.
In support of increasing demand, we are actively looking for ambitious people, who are not afraid of hard-work, ambiguity and a dash of chaos, to join our team and be part of a growing institution where they can hone their skills and develop new ones in a fun, challenging and dynamic environment.
If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Cowbell Cyber is hiring a Software Engineer (Platform) to join our team.
- 2-3+ years software engineering experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience with Java Microservices, ELK and RDS/Postgres.
- Make key architectural decisions to build our Saas platform in a near-greenfield environment.
- Play a critical role working with the team to architect, design, develop and deliver innovative solutions.
- Work and collaborate with insurance product team, UI engineers and data science, machine learning team.
- Actively participate in a highly collaborative agile development process to achieve cost, quality and delivery objectives.
- Continuously deploy software in containerized micro-services running on public cloud infrastructure
Nice to have:
- Experience working on Software as a Service products.
- Experience with Kafka.
- Experience building cloud-based RESTful applications with JSON, and an aptitude for best practices in designing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing.
What Cowbell brings to the table:
- We are certified as a Great Place to Work.
- Nationwide medical, dental and vision coverage plus life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts.
- 401K matching.
- Employee equity plan for all and wealth enablement plan for select customer facing roles.
- Comprehensive wellness program including unlimited PTO, virtual fitness classes, meditation app subscriptions, lunch and learn, book club, weekly lunch stipends, happy hours and much more.
- Professional development and the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of cyber insurance, cyber security as well as continuing to build your professional skills in a team environment.