Are you ready to fight climate change? We just raised a $30 million Series B from Coatue (early backer of Apple, Tesla, and Rivian) and actor Robert Downey Jr (aka Iron Man). Did you know buildings contribute to over 40% of the global carbon emissions? Our web-based SaaS toolset, helps design teams rapidly decarbonate the building design process by automating energy, daylight, glare, cost, and more with machine learning. Last year we offset enough carbon to save 171,000 lives and 5x more carbon than Tesla. Join our fast-growing team to help save the planet!
Who You Are: An ambitious, hands on and results-driven finance director, who enjoys all accounting-related activities, budgeting, forecasting, scenario based planning and workflow optimizations as a direct report to the CEO.
Who We Are: We're willing to rethink everything to get buildings to net-zero carbon. We think differently and holistically about architecture, engineering, and construction space. We use science, care about others, and speak the truth about climate action
Key job responsibilities
- Manage all company-wide financial and strategic planning (P&Ls, budgets, forecasts, long-range planning, projections, etc.)
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes including variance analysis
- Partner with CEO and key stakeholders on forecasting, and scenario planning
- Partner with CEO to drive key strategic and financial analyses to support high-impact decisions (e.g., unit economics, product expansion, headcount planning, etc.)
- Department budgeting / cross-functional work with department teams for budgeting and monthly variance analysis reporting
- Prepare and deliver monthly financial business reviews to the leadership team and external stakeholders (Board, Investors, etc.)
- Managing Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Oversee external firms (accounting/tax/audit) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly accounting close process.
- Communicate and present our financial results to relevant audiences including company updates, investor updates, board updates and materials
- Influence and drive end-to-end process streamlining and standardization based on industry leading best practices
- At least seven years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA) or related preferred.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Experience with Quickbooks.
- SaaS-specific KPI experience
- Experienced in developing and presenting business plans, models, and financial forecasts to management and the investment community
- Deep understanding of financial modeling with a strong understanding of GAAP
- Ability and desire to function at high-levels of business strategy but also willing to dive into the weeds and operate hands-on
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently
- Diligent and detail oriented
What’s In It for You:
- 100% Employer Paid Health insurance
- Vision and Dental benefits
- Employer-paid public transit pass and biking stipend
- Competitive Pay
- Work-Life Balance
- Onsite Gym membership
- Hybrid Work
- Paid time off and holidays
- Snacks, beer, team events
Cove.tool is proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, or disability.