Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 136 million registered learners as of September 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
Coursera’s IT department is responsible for the Corporate tools and technology that are required for the company to operate efficiently and effectively. We are a growing IT department that plays an integral role in the company’s ability to perform its day-to-day tasks. While supporting an ever-growing number of users with top-tier tools and applications, our IT team is always aiming to achieve the highest goals and produce the best experience possible for our end users.
As a Senior Workday Analyst at Coursera, you will play a vital role in supporting the implementation, maintenance, and optimization of our organization's people technology system, Workday. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the effective utilization of these Workday to support our HR processes, drive automation, and enhance data accuracy and reporting capabilities. Leveraging your expertise in people technology, data analysis, system administration, and project management, you will contribute to the success and evolution of our people technology landscape at Coursera.
- Provide support for HR systems and primarily Workday, including troubleshooting, resolving system problems, and performing routine maintenance.
- Maintain business process configuration in Workday based on business requirements, collaborating with partners to determine best practices and ensure transaction effectiveness and audit trails.
- Assist project and update teams with user acceptance testing, regression testing, and operational impact assessments for system projects and updates.
- Create and modify reports as requested by the business.
- Identify process improvement and automation opportunities, reviewing processes, documenting changes, and implementing improvements to save time and improve data integrity.
- Assist with organization structure, security roles, and profiles in Workday, ensuring compliance with SOX separation of duties requirements and proactively monitoring and updating security structures.
- BSC degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or a relevant field
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience implementing, managing, and optimizing Workday systems in a live environment, including proficiency in Workday HCM, Advanced Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Time Off, Absence, Performance and Development, Learning, Integrations, Security, Advanced Reporting, Prism Analytics, and/or Expenses configurations.
- Strong ability to translate and communicate strategic business ideas into technical language and vice versa with a commitment to maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Expertise in configuring Workday with minimal direction, while being the technical lead on People Technology projects.
- Excellent prioritization, analytical, and collaboration skills with meticulous attention to detail, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Workday Pro Certifications in any of the following areas: HCM, Compensation, Performance and Development, Learning, Time Off, Absence, Benefits, Reporting, Integrations, Prism, Expenses.
- Over 3 years of demonstrated Workday configuration experience in any of the following areas: Core HCM, Advanced Compensation, Performance and Development, Learning, Time Off, Absence, Benefits, Integrations, Prism, and/or Expenses.
- Held a Workday consultant role.
- Result-oriented with strong communication and collaboration skills, a commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives.
- Exposure to Agile methodology.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- People, Technology, and the Future of Mobility
- Strategic Leadership: Impact, Change, and Decision Making Specialization