Are you passionate about transforming education and empowering learners worldwide? Coursera, the world's largest online learning platform, is on a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. With over 118 million registered learners and partnerships with 300+ top universities and industry leaders, including Google, IBM, and Duke University, Coursera offers a diverse range of content and credentials, from courses and Specializations to Professional Certificates and bachelor's and master's degrees.
As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
Coursera’s Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, campuses, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. This team is made up of three sub-teams: Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Strategy & Operations, which operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi. As a Renewal Manager on our Customer Success team, you will have an opportunity to to be part of a fast growing/high performing team and play a key role in contributing to our solution design for small segment customers. Reporting to the Regional Manager, Americas Renewal Management, you will bring experiences that will help us build the foundation for our scaled solutions and take our customers, as well as Coursera, to the next level.
You will bring a Customer Success mindset to every conversation and will be the primary go-to commercial contact owner for our small business customers. Additionally, you will drive contract renewals with customers while cultivating best practices around our internal success playbooks, and be an essential part of our Customer Success team in our effort to ensure a smooth renewal process for our smaller segment.
Your responsibilities include carrying renewal ownership and driving commercial conversations with customers' key decision-makers, legal, and procurement teams. You will work closely with our Customer Success Associates, Account Executives, Implementation Managers, Legal, Finance team to ensure the long-term success of our customers and adoption of our products.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of contract renewals for your small business customer segment, as well as identifying other key growth opportunities for upsells
- Work with the Regional Manager of Americas Renewal Management, to develop and refine the renewal process
- Build renewal strategies that proactively engage a customer in driving early renewal and growth
- You will partner cross-functionally to translate newly released product features into new solutions for customers (understanding and solving their business / L&D needs)
- Drive outcome conversations and build rapport with customers and their key decision-makers, as well as legal, finance, and procurement teams
- Position our new products, features, functions and escalate pain points to the Regional Manager of Americas Renewal Management
- 3+ years experience in the fields of sales, customer success, or renewals in the SaaS B2B industry
- Demonstrated history in operating a book of business at scale, handling a large volume of customer renewals (40-80) and accounts with a strong execution on closing renewals and driving growth with Sales colleagues
- Experience working through contract and budget processes with customers in SaaS software
- Demonstrated history identifying customer risks and implement churn mitigation strategies
- Experience presenting to all levels of a customer (Coordinator to C-Suite)
- Experience with Salesforce, Gainsight, Clari, or similar sales, customer success, and forecasting tools
- Aptitude and flair for automation and streamlining workflow processes a plus
- Customer-oriented and focused - a customer success manager at heart
- Excellent time management and organization skills, and ability to operate under strict deadlines
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills
- Sales Pitch and Closing
- Storytelling and Influencing: Communicate with Impact
- Leading transformations: Manage Change