Are you passionate about transforming education and empowering learners worldwide? Coursera, the world's largest online learning platform, is on a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. With over 118 million registered learners and partnerships with 300+ top universities and industry leaders, including Google, IBM, and Duke University, Coursera offers a diverse range of content and credentials, from courses and Specializations to Professional Certificates and bachelor's and master's degrees.
As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
The Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. In this role, you will be supporting the Coursera for Government sector of the Enterprise Solutions team. As part of our team, you will play a key role in increasing access to world-class education for government agencies and the people they serve. Specifically, this role will focus on growing our partnerships within Canadian Government Agencies.
Successful candidates will be passionate, entrepreneurial sales professionals who will prospect, develop, and close partnerships with government agencies. You will work closely with a matrixed ecosystem in order to develop, activate and nurture detailed account plans focused on creating net new opportunities and expanding existing partnerships. You should have experience with complex, enterprise sales/partnerships in the public sector and be interested in working for a social enterprise with a mission to help people reach their full potential through access to the world’s best education.
- Create detailed account plans that mirrors your strategy for prioritizing opportunities within your assigned territory
- Use in-depth knowledge of your prospects, industry trends and data-driven insights to proactively engage prospective customers in a targeted approach
- Balance your efforts effectively between outbound pipeline generation, driving growth from existing customers, and leading complex sales cycles from start to finish.
- Develop and execute on sales targets, hitting (and exceeding) revenue/growth goals and sharing learning across the organization.
- Be a voice for Coursera’s public sector partners, sharing customer-driven insights across Coursera, including product, engineering, business development, and legal
- Perform various sales and marketing operations tasks, including managing the sales pipeline with Coursera’s CRM tool
- 2+ years experience selling solutions within Canadian Government Agencies - Provincial, Federal and Crown Corporations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- 5+ years government sales experience at a SaaS company
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- A record of past achievement, including demonstrated ability to close complex, 7-figure deals and the ability to spearhead new strategic initiatives and manage senior-level external stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Ability to listen well, hold your own in meetings with senior executive representatives from prospective partners, and speak as a thought-leader in this space
- Extensive network in the North American public sector L&D, HR and/or IT space.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: