Are you passionate about transforming education and empowering learners worldwide? Coursera, the world's largest online learning platform, is on a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. With over 118 million registered learners and partnerships with 300+ top universities and industry leaders, including Google, IBM, and Duke University, Coursera offers a diverse range of content and credentials, from courses and Specializations to Professional Certificates and bachelor's and master's degrees.
As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
As part of Coursera’s Enterprise Team, you will play the role of Account Director - helping empower enterprises in India to offer the world’s best learning to their employees. You will build Coursera’s Corporate business and partnerships and work across the organization (with business development, product, university partnerships, and legal) in service of Coursera’s growth and long-term success
The Enterprise team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. This team is made up of three sub-teams: Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Strategy & Operations. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, entrepreneurial sales executive who can prospect, develop, and close enterprise deals in India. You should have extensive experience of sales to large enterprises. Your knowledge of edtech, enterprise learning combined with superior communication skills and analytical abilities will shape Coursera’s enterprise business.
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas, by effectively prospecting in organizations. Leverage cross-sell and upsell opportunities across given territory.
- Effectively prospect to generate leads, develop, and close opportunities, through understanding of clients’ specific decision-making and purchasing process
- Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales by effectively understanding buying processes and driving urgency in sales cycles
- Create strategic territory plan and drive revenue within that territory
- Source for new accounts in the defined territory and manage some existing accounts; Develop long-term relationships with clients and design account plans for new relationships
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Customer Success, Implementation and Sales leadership to optimize go to market strategy and processes
- Provide quantitative/qualitative analysis to inform team on general trends, product, competitors
- 10+ years of enterprise sales experience
- Demonstrated history and experience in enterprise sales at a SaaS company (experience selling to large enterprises)
- Experience of consistently exceeding quota of $1 Million and more, with proven success in accurately forecasting targets, and achieving sales commits
- Track record of establishing senior level, long term client relationships to generate cross-sell and upsell opportunities with strategic accounts; Experience of managing meetings with C-suite representatives and key decision makers
- Experience of selling in India Corp (only field sales and not telesales/remote sales)
- Proven track record selling SaaS solutions into Corporate accounts and over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets. Ability to hold your own in meetings with C-suite representatives from prospective partners and speak as a thought-leader and visionary in the learning space
- Business level written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working autonomously and as part of a team in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Outstanding ability to collaborate, understand, and empathize with others
- Experience in working within a high growth startup environment
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: