Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 113 million registered learners as of September 30, 2022. Coursera partners with over 275 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 77 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
We are looking for someone who’s eligible to work in Bulgaria with an interest in horizontally scalable systems and in working with Go. You should have at least 3+ years of professional experience building web services (REST, Websockets, Pub/Sub, SQL) and you should be keen to write simple, testable, robust, and maintainable code. The ideal candidate will play a key role in making architectural and design decisions. Good communication skills are a must -- we are looking for a team player, not a rock-star.
- Design and implement scalable systems and infrastructures
- Work closely with cross functional teams in finding a solution that fits well with the users’ needs
- Setup monitoring and testing of your APIs and services to better understand real time health of your products
- Being comfortable making trade-offs between cost / complexity / functionality
- Being an active contributor to discussions
- Being passionate about helping teammates develop technical excellence
- Business programming fundamentals
- At least 3+ years of professional experience building web services (REST, Websockets, Pub/Sub, SQL)
- Experience with statically typed languages. We use Go, but experience with C/C++ or any other statically typed languages will suffice
- A commitment to user focus, collaborative problem solving and building quality products is essential
- Business communication skills in English
- Experience with Go preferred, but not essential
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Exposure to AWS
- Experience with horizontally scalable code
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- The courses from the Programming with Google Go Specialization
- The courses from the AWS Fundamentals specialization