Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 102 million registered learners as of March 31, 2022. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera is an engineering-first company. Our teams are responsible for maintaining a scalable and reliable platform, in addition to building interactive products for the worldwide learner community. We are made up of teams ranging from Development Infrastructure, Growth, Learner/Consumer Experience, Content Platform, and SDET Engineering. Every day, Engineering teams collaborate with cross-functional partners, including other engineers, data scientists, and product managers.
- Perform technical security assessments, code and design reviews of Coursera’s products, applications, services and cloud infrastructure.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Design, develop, deploy and operate security technologies to help automate security monitoring, alerting, intrusion detection, vulnerability detection and tracking
- Design security infrastructure and drive its implementation to protect Coursera networks, systems and data
- Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse
- Build security tools and processes for critical infrastructure and data protection, monitoring and remediation and respond to customers RFIs/RFPs
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5 years of experience in application-level vulnerability testing and code-level security reviews
- Relevant work experience in web applications and API security
- Software development experience in Scala, Java, Go, Python or other relevant languages
- Demonstrated foundation and technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and authorization, security protocols and applied cryptography
- Completed either or both OSCP and/or GIAC certifications
- Background and experience in vulnerability management and threat assessment
- Contributions to the security communities, public research, open source projects, bug bounty, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS or other IaaS and related security services and controls
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Cryptography I
- Secure Coding Practices Specialization
- Cybersecurity Specialization