Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 102 million registered learners as of March 31, 2022. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Technical program managers within our Infrastructure Engineering organization drive the internal processes, systems, and workflows that allow Coursera to build excellent infrastructure - efficiently and effectively. In this role, you’ll build, implement, manage, and continuously iterate on core functions like project prioritization, planning, tracking, and end to end implementation . You’ll be an essential member of a highly collaborative team and act across a broad spectrum to help the 50+ person team execute on projects that help power the foundation of the Coursera platform.
Your job will require ongoing tracking and in-depth quantitative analysis of established key performance metrics: you’ll use this data to surface insights, then problem-solve to create scalable systems and processes that capitalize on the opportunity you identified. You’ll work closely with senior cross-functional leaders to quickly understand their pain points/challenges and implement solutions. You will thrive in ambiguity yourself plus introduce structure to help others do the same; you’re a self-starter, an independent thinker, deeply analytical and detail-oriented, while always keeping your eye on the big picture.
You will be responsible for working with stakeholders to gather requirements and for delivering robust project plans and milestones to deliver on engineering priorities. You will be responsible for rolling up status and reporting it via several channels.You must have a technical mindset and be able to clearly communicate issues, solutions, and any other necessary information across the broad range of stakeholders. You must excel at working with engineering, architecture, and technical leads to drive adoption of best practices for tracking and delivering projects on time and with predictability. You will also need to have the drive and enthusiasm to be an integral part of a technical team, and company, on a journey towards greatness, in part by being able to work together to overcome challenges and collaborate with the wider team and stakeholders to deliver the optimal outcome.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to understand engineering and feature deliverables while managing multiple, related projects to ensure on-time delivery
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and technical teams to support the ongoing partnership between teams and understand how the technologies are used in the organization
- Manage the infrastructure engineering organization’s processes and workflows, using each cycle to inform systematic improvements
- Help to create tracking and reporting mechanisms that lead to predictable outcomes, and work with teams to facilitate adoption of this type of rigor
- Maintain technical and stakeholder facing status reporting
- Effectively handle ambiguity while working to diminish that ambiguity for your teams and the stakeholders thorough contributions in scoping discussions and challenging assumptions when and where required
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or relevant experience
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering, systems engineering, or technical project/program management with a thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery (e.g.: gathering requirements, defining scope, tracking progress, removing blockers, etc.)
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to deliver the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
- Ability to distill complicated topics into clear, concise narratives and artifacts (e.g. documents, presentations) that facilitate discussion and alignment across diverse stakeholders
- 3+ years working within engineering infrastructure, SRE, development tools
- Experience working with multiple teams in scaling and maximizing operational efficiency within infrastructure
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and solve business/technology problems, introducing clarity, and solutions
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Critical Thinking in Global Challenges
- Managing Project Risks and Changes
- High Performance Collaboration: Leadership, Teamwork, and Negotiation