Coursello is a new education company on a mission to make high-quality courses accessible to all students. Founded by a former principal and leaders from LearnZillion, eBay, and Apple, Coursello provides schools and districts with live, discussion-based online courses for high schoolers. Coursello is backed by A-Street Ventures.
Coursello is looking for a remote Physics Course Design Contractor to design a year long, live, online high-school Physics 1 course. We are planning to fill this position in May so the Contractor can design the first 6-8 weeks of the course by August 1st, with the remainder being designed on a rolling basis through the fall. The Course Designer will be managed by the Director of Course Design.
The Physics Course Design Contractor is responsible for:
- Design a year long course for Physics using Coursello’s templates and research processes (written course outline, video-based instructional material, etc).
- Creating supplementary teacher and student guides, as well as content resource libraries
- Collaborating with the Director of Course Design via Zoom to get feedback at regular, agreed upon intervals
- Creating short explanatory videos to support implementation of the courses by teachers and TAs
- Designing assessments, including performance tasks, quizzes and other formative assessments to gauge learning
- Collaborating with Coursello’s other Course Designers as needed
What matters most
Coursello courses are designed for student engagement. We engage teams of students in meaningful tasks and texts, inviting them into the heart of a discipline. Coursello Course Design Contractors are obsessed with crafting courses that unlock engagement and fluency for each team and each student. They have a demonstrated belief that all students deserve academically rich opportunities for learning multiple languages.
Coursello Course Design Contractors are particularly good at planning interactive activities.
You’re good at
- Teaching high school physics
- Backwards planning
- Quickly understanding a process and applying it to a new situation (in this case, course)
- Identifying compelling problems
- Designing engaging learning experiences for high school students
- Developing creative ways to scaffold learning
- Building processes for capturing feedback and using it to improve course design
You have experience
- Designing engaging units of study for a physics 1 class
- Designing interactive online courses or units
- Experience using multiple educational technology tools (ex. Nearpod, Quizlet, Flipgrid, etc) to enable interactive learning experiences for students
- Working remotely
Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they check all the boxes listed in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We celebrate difference and diversity and we recognize it as core to our mission and values.
Our mission is to make high-quality courses accessible to all students.
Our core values are:
- We see obstacles as opportunities
- We use software to bring out the best in people (not the other way around)
- We leave our egos at the door
- We make decisions based on a diversity of perspectives
- We draw strength from our lives outside of Coursello