Coursello is a new education company on a mission to make high-quality courses accessible to all students. Founded by a former principal and leaders from LearnZillion, eBay, and Apple, Coursello provides schools and districts with live, discussion-based online courses for high schoolers. Coursello is backed by A-Street Ventures.
Coursello is looking for high school online math teachers to lead live, discussion-based online Algebra, Geometry, and Algebra 2 courses. This is a remote opportunity. We are hiring a team of full time teachers and contractors to begin yearlong classes in August and September.
Coursello’s mission is to make high-quality courses available to all students. We engage students in meaningful tasks and texts, through live, discussion-based courses.
- $55,000-75,000 plus benefits
- $13,000 for one, full-year class, with an opportunity to teach multiple classes
- $500 for participating in onboarding workshops/meetings with Coursello staff two weeks before the launch of the first class
Both full time and contractors are responsible for:
- Leading a section of 20-25 students through Coursello’s Algebra 1, Geometry, or Algebra 2 course. Three days a week will be live classes when teachers facilitate the introduction of new content; two days are live support when teachers and teaching assistants support students in completing tasks and practice exercises. Coursello will provide the course content (including google slides, LMS set up, assignments, etc.)
- Grading and providing feedback to students
- Providing additional support to students struggling with the academic expectations
- Communicating with the school’s “learning coach” who oversees the physical classroom and supports student attendance, participation, and assignment completion
- Participating in regular check-ins with the Manager of Math Instruction
- Participating in professional development workshops (typically 2-3 hours once a month)
- Collaborating with Coursello’s Course Design team to provide feedback on what’s working and what could be improved
- Collaborating with 1-2 Teaching Assistants who will support the teacher in implementing the class
What matters most
Coursello courses are designed for student engagement. Coursello teachers are relentless about unlocking engagement for each team and each student. Coursello teachers are exceptional facilitators who love to help students wrestle with meaningful, deep content. They are natural collaborators who support students in learning from each other’s insights.
You’re good at
- Facilitating discussions
- Leading engaging learning experiences
- Instilling students with a sense of ownership over their learning
- Finding innovative ways to address unexpected challenges
- Providing actionable feedback that helps students improve their engagement and participation
- Collaborating with teammates
- Experience leading discussion-based classes
- Experience leading engaging remote learning experiences
- Experience teaching multiple math topics
Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they check all the boxes listed in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We celebrate difference and diversity and we recognize it as core to our mission and values.
Our mission is to make high-quality courses accessible to all students.
Our core values are:
- We see obstacles as opportunities
- We use software to bring out the best in people (not the other way around)
- We leave our egos at the door
- We make decisions based on a diversity of perspectives
- We draw strength from our lives outside of Coursello