The Course Hero creative team is growing. We are making big investments in our brand, and in particular, how we communicate with our customers. We are looking for a creative and versatile Copywriter to help bring Course Hero’s messaging to life across all brand and marketing touch points.
At Course Hero, copywriting is an essential aspect of communicating our brand values and product offerings. In this role, we’ll look to you to craft messaging that resonates with our audience of students, tutors, and educators. You’ll partner closely with designers, marketers, and teams across the company to shape the approach for projects big and small. We’re looking for writers who push our thinking and actively contribute to an environment where creative thinking thrives. Come join our team and help us create a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Craft on-brand messaging for internal and external-facing creative, including brand campaigns, emails, advertising, landing pages, events, video projects, social campaigns, blog articles and more.
- Evolve and extend Course Hero’s brand voice, tone, and writing guidelines.
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, and other team members to make sure Course Hero’s brand voice is engaging, thoughtful, and recognizable throughout the customer journey.
- Uplevel work through careful editing and research to make sure all our communications are factually, grammatically and stylistically correct.
- Manage copy projects from ideation through completion.
Are you our next Copywriter?
- 3+ years of copywriting and marketing experience in an agency or in-house setting.
- Experience collaborating with designers and cross functional partners to define, test, and execute copy for a variety of brand and marketing initiatives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present your work.
- Highly organized, proactively manages time and deadlines and oversees copy projects from concept to production.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and balancing multiple projects at a time.
- A portfolio that highlights a variety of different writing projects across multiple mediums.
- A passion for evolving education to support educators and help more students graduate, confident and prepared
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and RSUs
- Medical coverage, including full dental and vision
- Life and disability benefits
- 401(k) program (US) / retirement savings plan (Canada) with company match
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years at the company
- Education reimbursement
- Professional development workshops & industry conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Social responsibility program (volunteer time off and donation matching)
- Annual wellness stipend
- Monthly tech stipend
- Annual family planning stipend
- Monthly snack boxes delivered to your door
- Cell phone allowance
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.