Course Hero is scaling, and so is our Communications team! We are hiring for our first Internal Communications role and looking for an individual who is passionate about developing ground-up communications strategies for a mission-focused, values-centric, high-growth global organization. The Lead Internal Communications Manager will lead the strategy and execution of all internal comms to effectively inform and engage Course Hero team members around the world.
This person will be responsible for driving consistent, transparent, genuine and inspiring communications that amplify Course Hero’s mission, vision and values and ultimately enhance the employee experience. The successful candidate will need to be dynamic and goal-oriented as they establish the Internal Comms function and support the evolving communications strategy for a dispersed, “virtual-first” team.
We are looking for an excellent writer and storyteller who has extensive experience crafting communications plans and messaging for executives and senior leadership, as well as programmatic communications that support HR initiatives, business announcements, product launches, current affairs, and internal events. A strategic & creative problem solver, the Sr Internal Communications Manager will have a direct impact on protecting and enhancing Course Hero’s employment brand and culture, while forming highly collaborative & meaningful relationships with key partners and employees throughout the organization.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Develop internal comms strategy to support global employee onboarding, company planning and goal setting, employee recognition, and general business operations
- Determine the appropriate voice, tone, message, cadence and channel for internal communications - and manage those channels
- Develop detailed communications plans to support company announcements, change management and large projects and ensure key company initiatives are effectively communicated to employees, contractors and partners
- Draft and assist the executive team with communications for announcements, team updates, personnel news, company all hands meetings, etc.
- Collaborate with the HR and Benefits team to lead communications for HR programs
- Partner with the Recruiting team to ensure a consistent candidate experience from recruiting to onboarding and support internal communications for employer brand initiatives
- Develop a crisis communications playbook to handle a range of issues and crises
- Manage communications for giving, volunteering and civic engagement initiatives
- Collaborate closely with affinity groups and DEI consultants to ensure initiatives and communications are inclusive
Are you our Internal Communications Manager?
- 7+ years of demonstrated ability developing and executing an internal communications strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field (Communications, Marketing, Human Resources, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and journalistic tendencies to source news and updates within the company
- Excited by the opportunity to work in a high-growth, results-driven organization that has been rated as one of the best places to work in Silicon Valley
- Values aligned and passionate about effective communications. Curious and passionate about the intersection of education and technology and a commitment to continuous learning
- Experience working with team members and partners in multiple time zones and regions around the world
- Experience with public speaking, presenting to, and interacting with executives
- Proven success in implementing employee engagement and communications programs that inform, inspire and unify teams
- Strong awareness of current affairs, trends and HR/education industry policy developments and understand of how to translate these events into company initiatives and communications
- Outstanding organizational, project management and creative problem solving skills
- Able to accept change and remain focused when priorities and strategies shift
- Familiarity with best practices for internal communications tools and technologies (e.g. Slack, Everbridge, Poppulo and others)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.