Course Hero is scaling! We are making big investments in our brand, and in particular, how we communicate with our customers. We are looking for a versatile, experienced Copywriter to help elevate and define Course Hero’s messaging strategy across all brand and marketing touchpoints.
As a Lead Copywriter, you will be a critical member of the Creative team, with the understanding that writing is a crucial aspect of effectively communicating our brand values and product offerings. We’ll look to you to craft our voice and tone to resonate with our audience of students, tutors, and educators. In addition to bringing your own writing skills to each of your projects, you’ll establish writing best practices to push forward the work of other writers and non-writers on the team.
Copywriting at Course Hero is a highly collaborative role. You’ll partner closely with brand designers and marketers to craft the vision and approach for projects big and small. Come join our team and help us build a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Develop and maintain Course Hero’s brand voice, tone, and writing guidelines.
- Craft engaging messaging for internal and external-facing creative, including brand campaigns, emails, advertising, landing pages, events, video projects, social campaigns, blog articles and more.
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, and other team members to invent and shape the vision, strategy, and creative approach on high impact brand and marketing initiatives.
- Develop copy solutions to scale Course Hero’s brand voice and writing best practices across teams, and lead copy projects from ideation through completion.
- Up-level branding through meticulous editing and research to make sure all our communications are factually, grammatically and stylistically accurate.
Are you our next Senior Copywriter?
- 7+ years of copywriting and marketing experience in an agency or in-house setting.
- Experience collaborating with designers and cross functional partners to define, test, and implement high-impact projects.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present work confidently to a variety of different audiences and partners.
- Highly organized, proactively manages time and deadlines and prioritizes copy projects from concept to production.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and balancing multiple projects at a time.
- Familiarity with SEO and how it applies to marketing copy.
- Experience mentoring or managing other writers.
- A portfolio that highlights a variety of different writing projects across multiple mediums.
- Product UX writing experience
- People management experience
- Passion for evolving education to support educators
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.