Course Hero is scaling! We need a Lead Product Manager to own our product strategy for recommendations! User-generated content growth is the fuel of our entire business. We’re looking for a key leader aspiring to create compelling discovery experiences on top of an +80M content library to engage over 1M paid student subscribers in unlocking valuable learning opportunities.
Are you as excited as we are to envision, deliver, and iterate on the core product of a billion-dollar valued and profitable edtech startup? Then we want you to lead a dynamic pod of outstanding engineers, ML experts, designers, user researchers, and data scientists to implement your roadmap.
As a mission and values-driven organization, we use an in-depth understanding of student users to build strategy and vet it with data, experimentation, and analysis. We believe the best product managers are passionate about improving the student learning journey. They have the analytical and technical skills to make sure we are delivering high quality learning content to students. We enjoy taking on many ambitious problems requiring artificial intelligence to help students seamlessly discover what to study.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Passionate about getting students what they need – Own your roadmap and key metrics by prioritizing initiatives to build recommendation features for 80M+ user-generated study materials.
- Make It Personal – Test and iterate high impact ideas to improve user retention metrics with delightful personalized experiences
- Lead a dream team – Orchestrate alongside Data Science, Machine Learning, Engineering, and Operations to 5x the user base in the next 2 years.
Are you our next Product Manager?
- Domain – +5 years of product management experience working with B2C recommendation and discovery products that solves millions of users’ needs.
- Design sense and empathy for users
- Data Driven Iteration – You’re experienced in running iterative A/B tests, making decisions based on the data and a deep understanding of the user and business.
- Proven success – A track record of working with highly technical teams solving complex problems that delivered business level impact at scale.
- 0 to 1 Mindset – Entrepreneurial and results-oriented with a fast ramp up time when taking on multifaceted complex challenges.
- System Thinker – You can break down big problems and prioritize solving them to reach high impact results both short-term and long-term.
- Excellent communicator – You can effectively present strategy, tactics, results, and findings .
- Earned a technical computer science degree or equivalent engineering degree
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and RSUs
- Medical coverage, including full dental and vision
- Life and disability benefits
- 401(k) program (US) / retirement savings plan (Canada) with company match
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years at the company
- Education reimbursement
- Professional development workshops & industry conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Social responsibility program (volunteer time off and donation matching)
- Annual wellness stipend
- Monthly tech stipend
- Annual family planning stipend
- Monthly snack boxes delivered to your door
- Cell phone allowance
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.