Course Hero is scaling, and so is our Finance team! Course Hero is looking for a Director of Strategic Finance as we prepare for the next phase of growth and expansion within our business. As our first Strategic Finance leader, you will use your robust corporate finance and analytical skills to support, evaluate and drive complex business decisions including capital allocation, investment, financing, corporate and business development, and strategic/multi-year planning initiatives. Reporting to the VP Finance, you will partner with the Company’s CFO and work across the organization to drive strategic financial decision making within Course Hero.
This is a high visibility leadership role that will have a material impact on Course Hero’s near and long-term business outcomes. It is initially an individual contributor role that will evolve into a team leadership role as the company continues to grow. If you are someone who desires an opportunity to build a function and team from the ground up, while working for a mission-focused and values-centric organization, this could be the perfect fit for you!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Establish the Strategic Finance function in a high growth, start-up environment
- Provide detailed modeling and analysis for corporate transactions including fundraising, debt structuring, M&A transactions, business development, and investment decisions
- Present independent and unbiased analysis of all investment decisions
- Support, prepare and deliver presentations to executives regarding corporate and business development, corporate finance and investment decisions
- Lead the team through financing and diligence activities
- Partner with cross-functional team leaders in the development of business cases to help optimize the Company’s decision making and business outcomes
- Support the Company’s strategic planning efforts
- Respond to CFO’s ad hoc analysis requests
Are you our Director, Strategic Finance?
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in investment banking, venture capital or private equity
- Extensive experience analyzing and building sophisticated financial models with an expert level proficiency in Excel
- Ability to synthesize complex business issues and present them clearly and concisely to executives
- Enjoy working with and analyzing large data sets
- Experience working collaboratively across FP&A, Accounting and data analytics
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to make recommendations with incomplete information
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an agile approach to problem solving
- Experience hiring top talent and managing teams
- MBA or equivalent
- Prior experience in a high growth technology company, with edtech experience an additional plus
- Proficient with SQL
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.