Course Hero is scaling! We need a Lead Product Manager to own our product strategy for Content Demand Intelligence! User-generated content growth is the fuel of our entire business, and we’re looking for a key leader to understand how to identify demanded, high-quality content and use that knowledge in a system that removes low-quality content.
Are you as excited as we are to envision, deliver, and iterate on the core product of a billion-dollar valued and profitable edtech startup? Then we want you to lead a dynamic pod of outstanding engineers, ML experts, designers, user researchers, SEO strategists, and data scientists to implement your roadmap.
As a mission and values-driven organization, we use an in-depth understanding of student users to build strategy and vet it with data, experimentation, and analysis. We believe the best product managers are passionate about improving the student learning journey. They have the analytical and technical skills to make sure we are delivering high quality learning content to students. We enjoy taking on many ambitious problems requiring artificial intelligence to understand and enrich a wide variety content types.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Passionate about getting students what they need – Own your roadmap and key metrics by prioritizing initiatives to process, identify, and prune low quality content from our rapidly growing extensive library of 80M+ user-generated study materials.
- Evolve our mastery of user-generated content – You will evolve our understanding of what it means for content to be, “high quality” and develop intelligent algorithms to improve our content library health.
- Lead a dream team – Orchestrate heavily analytical efforts across Data Science, Machine Learning, SEO, Engineering, and Operations to achieve critically important key results.
Are you our next Product Manager?
- Domain – +5 years of product management experience working with B2C products that solves millions of users’ needs.
- Analytical/Technical Prowess – You’re able to hold your own with some of the brightest data scientists and ML experts and drive breakthrough improvements to algorithmic problems. You understand when to apply AI/machine learning and can help us identify new opportunities
- Data Driven Iteration – You’re experienced in running iterative A/B tests and making decisions based on the data and a deep understanding of the business.
- Proven success – A track record of working with highly technical teams solving complex problems that delivered business level impact at scale.
- Fast learner with a get-it-done-attitude – Entrepreneurial and results-oriented with a fast ramp up time when taking on multifaceted complex challenges.
- System Thinker – You can break down big problems and prioritize solving them to reach high impact results both short-term and long-term.
- Excellent communicator – You can effectively present strategy, tactics, results, and findings .
- Applied ML technologies such as computer vision, NLP
- Experienced in fraud or risk management
- Earned a technical computer science degree or equivalent engineering degree
- Past professional experience in analytics
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.