Course Hero is scaling! Our Product team is seeking a Lead Product Manager to play a key role in growing our document experience and marketplace product so all students can learn and achieve their goals!
Are you as excited as we are to envision, execute, and iterate on the core product of a billion-dollar valued and profitable edtech startup? Then we want you to lead a dynamic pod of outstanding engineers, designers, user researchers, and data scientists to execute your roadmap. You will be able to grow your responsibility and impact as well – employ your creativity by launching new products and optimizing existing ones.
As a mission and values-driven organization, we use an in-depth understanding of student users to build strategy and vet it with data, experimentation, and analysis. We believe the best product managers are passionate about focusing on the student journey and have an eye for executing the details to create a delightful experience. We enjoy taking on many ambitious problems, requiring artificial intelligence, and employing creative user experience design to handle a wide variety of user-generated content.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Focused on getting students what they need – Own your roadmap and prioritize the right product initiatives for our student facing document experience
- Scale engagement opportunities – Drive more students to activate their subscription and make Course Hero the destination throughout their educational journey
- Lead a dream team – Collaborate with User Research, Design, Data Science, Engineering, Operations, and Machine Learning to achieve mission critical key results
What You Can Bring For Success:
- Domain – +5 years of product management experience delivering fabulous, innovative, and impactful B2C products that solves millions of users’ needs
- User-centric – A deep empathy and appreciation for user behavior and psychology as insights to improve complex user experiences
- Data superpower – A data-driven mentality about measuring what matters. You can balance data with experience and intuition to craft and present insights
- Proven success – A track record of building delightful experiences that drive performance metrics such as user engagement, conversion, and retention
- Soft skills to overcome hard challenges – Entrepreneurial and results-oriented with a willingness to take on complex challenges and fill in wherever needed to make your team successful
- A passion for evolving education to help students graduate confident and prepared
- Experience with user-generated content
- Direct experience with supply and demand in an aggregator
- A quantitative degree or experience in software development
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.