Course Hero is Scaling. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design, implement, test and maintain Course Hero’s platform. You are able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and have excellent software engineering skills. You are able to work across multiple facets of the project and manage multiple responsibilities.
We recently just launched our Engineering blog! Click here to learn about our engineering goals, our projects and innovations, and our falling forward and growth mindset mentality at Course Hero.
This is a full-time role located in Redwood City, CA
Here are some ways you will make an impact:
- Design, implement, test, and maintain Course Hero’s platform components in the context of a multi-tier, scalable, high-volume, and reliable distributed systems that perform 24x7
- Take complete technical ownership of one or more closely related parts of the platform, and deliver tangible results with speed and quality
- Design and implement automated tests and new test frameworks when necessary
- Keep the platform running - troubleshoot and fix production issues, do root cause analysis, and take corrective actions
- Excited by the challenge of improving resiliency and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Learn and grow – expand your skills and responsibilities
Are you our next Senior Software Engineer?
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming
- Hands-on experience with developing and maintaining distributed systems
- Modern engineering languages (Python, Go), microservices SOA architecture
- Working knowledge of modern operating systems and networking
- Proven skills in performance monitoring and scalability analysis
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical design and implementation
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.