Course Hero is scaling! And our design and UX teams are growing. In particular, we are investing in our UX and product writing field, and we would love for you to bring your talent and passion for language to help craft and enrich our user experiences.
We’re looking for a versatile, experienced UX Writer who loves making products extraordinary through simple, clear language and an authentic, human voice. We seek to define our product lexicon and make sure the words we choose will make sense to our students, educators, and tutors. The word choices you make today will influence our relationship with our customers for years to come.
You will be a critical and full-fledged member of our UX design & research team with the understanding that writing is a crucial form of design and that our writers should be involved in projects from start to finish. In addition to bringing your own writing skills to each of your projects, you will also establish principles and best practices that will help all of our team members improve in how we believe about and use language in our products.
As a UX and product writer at Course Hero, you will help plan content strategy across all of our products and services, and write for web and mobile interfaces, including interaction flows, user tasks, onboarding, error scenarios, transitional moments, in-context assistance, and more.
In short, you’ll be a committed advocate of our content design system and style guide standards, both as a contributor and as a user, while elevating the overall quality of our written design; you’ll understand and use design thinking, UX writing research, and copy testing practices; and you’ll thrive in a scaling organization that uses lightweight processes.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Plan, write, edit, test, and improve content for Course Hero’s user experiences
- Help build, maintain, and evolve UI copy guidelines within our brand book
- Manage product naming and descriptions
- Optimally communicate product experience to users by crafting straightforward, human, and clear UX/UI copy
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, marketers, and partners
- Write and edit UI copy (in-app copy, notifications, error messages, empty states, product knowledge base FAQs, and more) that drives engagement and retention
- Support research and competitive analysis of language that optimizes for conversion
- Work with the SEO team, when appropriate, to ensure UI copy harmonizes with the company’s SEO strategy
- Elevate our brand and messaging through meticulous review for grammatically and stylistically correct copy
Are you our next Senior UX Writer?
- 5+ years of UX/UI writing experience (web and mobile) in an agency or in-house setting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present work confidently to a variety of different audiences and partners
- Experience collaborating with designers and cross functional partners to invent and execute projects
- Experience using user research data to advise messaging and language choices
- Highly organized, proactively leads time, energy, and deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and balancing multiple projects at a time
- A portfolio that highlights a variety of different writing projects across multiple mediums to drive specific calls to action
- You have experience writing SEO-optimized copy
- Experience in education or teaching
- Driven to improve education or ed-tech in order to help more students graduate, confident and prepared
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.