Course Hero is scaling! At Course Hero, we are on a mission to help students graduate confident and prepared. Our team is at the heart of this mission and is part of what makes us outstanding. We are looking for a business minded and strategic Lead HR Business Partner who will play a key role in the growth of our people and evolution of our culture as our business continues to expand and become more complex.
This person will work alongside senior leaders within our Product Management, Design & Engineering organizations, guiding them through all people related matters and establishing HR as a strategic partner. The successful candidate will have experience leading people strategies for a specific function(s), including but not limited to employee experience, future of work, organizational design, workforce planning, talent management, and employee relations. If you are someone who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and who is passionate about supporting a hyper-growth, mission-based organization, this could be the role for you!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Partner with leaders and managers to build and implement people-related strategies that are tailored to the Product Management, Design & Engineering organizations' specific needs
- Establish a deep understanding of our values and mission and help to advise the evolution of our culture for a “virtual-first,” dispersed workforce
- Build relationships and knowledge of the business within the Product Management, Design & Engineering organizations to understand how they operate, including attending weekly staff meetings, strategy planning and alignment meetings, and other team workshops
- Collaborate with People Operations to iterate on HR programs that support strategic objectives and drive employee engagement & retention within your functional group(s) and for the organization as a whole (e.g., Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Future of Work, Leadership Development, Engagement Surveys, etc.)
- Provide day to day performance management counsel to leaders and managers, including career development conversations, conflict resolution and performance improvement action plans
- Support annual review process including competency-based performance calibrations, org planning, individual development plans, and compensation alignment
- Respond to any workplace complaints and conduct investigations in a highly responsible and integral manner
- Collaborate with People Operations & Recruiting teams to provide feedback and thought partnership around new hire onboarding experiences, turnover insights and hiring strategies
- Be a champion for and coach leaders through organizational changes
- Utilize internal and external data to help inform guidance around people and organizational strategies
- Advocate for your functional teams and represent their needs to the People Operations team and senior leadership
Are you our Lead HRBP?
- Bachelor’s Degree, or related equivalent experience; PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certification is a plus
- 8+ years of dynamic HR experience with at least 5 years as an HR Business Partner; experience working with technical/product teams and leaders is preferred
- Deep understanding of HR strategies & programs, including but not limited to: executive coaching, employee engagement, DEI, organizational design, compensation, workforce planning, policies & compliance, talent development
- Ability to drive organizational change through thought leadership, relationship building, and strategic acumen
- Strong program and project management capabilities
- Proven success in a complex, fast paced, and geographically dispersed organization
- Very professional and personable, able to build and maintain rapport across all levels of the organization
- A trusted advisor, comfortable giving and receiving feedback at the senior leadership level
- Outstanding judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, leaders and employees
- Unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively address sensitive employee issues
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and statutes
- Ability to work effectively in a hybrid-remote/office environment and commute to our offices in Redwood City, CA as needed (must live within 50 miles)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.