Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for an experienced Lead DevOps Engineer to help us build, transform and scale our CI/CD pipelines, deployment infrastructure and developer productivity tools. As part of our DevOps team, you will enable Course Hero Engineering deliver new features and products to our customers quickly and reliably. You will build tools to improve Engineering efficiency and supervise and maintain production infrastructure.
Our ideal Engineer is passionate about DevOps, has a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with good understanding of problems related to large scale Web deployments. The engineer is biased toward action yet able to strike the right balance between appropriate levels of process, automation and security in a fast paced development environment.
This is a full-time role located in Redwood City, CA.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Establish and share DevOps standard methodologies.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to design and development microservice, AI/ML, and Big data deployment pipelines.
- Responsible for our key developer and production infrastructure like GitLab, Crucible, Jenkins, Jira, Kubernetes infrastructure and deployments, Vault, home grown developer productivity tools etc.
- Security and compliance of our production infrastructure.
- Build monitoring dashboards for large scale production application.
- Collaborate with architects and development teams to ensure performance, capacity and scalability requirements are tested at all tiers that make up the end-to-end solution to promote successful delivery of quality products to our customers.
Are you our Lead DevOps Engineer?
- 8+ years of professional experience developing software.
- Earned a degree in Computer Science or STEM field.
- Maintained internet facing applications in hybrid private and public cloud.
- Written code around infrastructure automation using software like Terraform and have solved multiple problems by automating your way out of them. You have removed yourself from repeating mundane tasks.
- Have experience in Kubernetes and Helm.
- Have 3+ years experience in AWS Cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient in a programming or scripting language like GoLang, Python etc.
- Have worked on CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong experience with commercial and open source code profiling, version control tool, monitoring and performance tools, such as GitLab, GitHub, New Relic, Datadog, Rollbar, Prometheus, Vividcortexetc etc.
- Good understanding of open source technologies like Istio, Docker, ElasticSearch, Spark etc.
- Whenever there was a technology you did not understand, you grabbed the book and figured it out.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full private medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement savings program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Education Reimbursement
- Team lunches
- Social responsibility program (volunteer hours and donation matching program)
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.