Course Hero is scaling!
We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to drive key projects, mentor team members, deal with fast-changing business needs, and help continuously improve our software systems. You’ll thrive in an engaging, high-growth environment, with a collaborative, learning-focused culture. Our engineers have complete autonomy and independence to innovate.
You’ll be a founding member of our new Digital Growth Marketing team - focused on creating experiences that drive value for our returning users. As a senior engineer you’ll lead projects from ideation to implementation. You’ll be a member of a close-knit team that is motivated to push Course Hero forward and help even more students and educators to succeed.
We recently just launched our Engineering blog! Click here to learn about our engineering goals, our projects and innovations, and our falling forward and growth mindset mentality at Course Hero.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Work with PMs and designers to define constraints, and architect elegant solutions to complex problems
- Profile and optimize our apps, ensuring high performance across devices
- Identify best practices for architecture, performance, and accessibility
- Drive adoption by mentoring other engineers
- Work independently to plan, estimate, and prioritize tasks
- Proactively communicate updates to stakeholders
- Develop products that help students learn and graduate
Are you our Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer?
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years developing web applications that handle complex data requirements and scale gracefully across different browsers and devices
- Experience building on cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with MVC web architectures, SQL, and ORMs.
- Experience building microservices and using event-driven architecture
- Experience with front-end technologies like React and Typescript
- An appreciation for statistical analysis and the power of data-driven decisions
- A deep sense of product ownership
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full private medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement savings program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings
- Team lunches
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Social responsibility program (volunteer hours and donation matching program)
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.