Course Hero is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst in the Philippines to join our Tutor Operations: Business Intelligence Team. You’ll work closely with the Tutor Operations, Analytics, Product, and Engineering teams responsible for managing Course Hero’s tutor community. Help identify and communicate meaningful insights that improve business metrics and the experience for tutors and the students whose questions they answer. Be a key player in using data to inform, validate, and accelerate this hyper growth, venture-backed start-up business.
Note: This is a full-time employment & fully remote.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Partner closely with leads and management to ensure we can measure what matters for business objectives and key initiatives to drive growth, quality, speed, and ROI in the tutor marketplace.
- Help produce ad-hoc reports that enable stakeholders in business operations to understand the results of new operational experiments.
- Create SQL queries that empower operations team members to obtain the data they need to do their own analysis.
- Work with analytics, product, and engineering partners to create and improve dashboards and data visualizations that generate business insights.
- Become the expert in tutor marketplace data so you can proactively uncover problems and identify solutions for better efficiency and effectiveness.
Are You Our Business Intelligence Analyst?
- BS/BA degree in Statistics, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- 3+ years as a business analyst, data analyst, research analyst, or similar with strong experience using data to inform strategic business decisions.
- Able to establish causal relationships and meaningful insights using statistical methodologies and data.
- Experience with must-have tools - SQL, excel, visualization (tableau or others)
- Skilled and experienced in creating reports and dashboards
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets user.
- Can distill reams of data into useful summaries & key insights for management.
- Exhibit stellar verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Have experience (and are comfortable with) working on a fully remote team.
- You have experience working with Tableau or a similar BI tool, preferably building or modifying dashboards.
- R/python skills and experience are nice to have.
- Experience with A/B testing on product changes
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn moreabout us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.