Course Hero is scaling! Course Hero is looking for a QA Analyst to improve our product experience for students looking for help with their course work. We’ll look to you to define test plans for new and existing features across our product as well as identify and prioritize improvements to the student experience. This is a highly collaborative role that will partner closely with design, engineering, and product to ensure the quality of our experience and the success of new feature launches.
This is a full-time remote or in office role until 12/31/21.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
- Participate in planning discussions for new projects and raise questions regarding if and how unhappy flows and edge cases are addressed.
- Create and maintain detailed and comprehensive test plans. Work with engineering to determine which portions should be automated and which should be completed manually.
- Manage test cases, test accounts, and other infrastructure vital for quick and efficient testing of new and existing features.
- Identify, document, and triage bugs in a detailed manner, assist engineering with bug reproduction and root cause analysis.
- Organize internal testing sessions, coordinate testing activities, and prioritize work across multiple ongoing projects.
- Advocate for improvements, including automation, to increase the quality and speed of delivery of the product.
Are you our next QA Analyst?
- 3+ years of experience in software or game development testing (or equivalent experience in a similar area)
- Solid understanding of QA methodologies, tools, and processes, including JIRA.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to write and communicate clear test case and bug descriptions.
- Experience collaborating with engineers, designers, and others to triage and prioritize bugs and other issues. Able to confidently speak to the importance of issues in the user experience.
- Experience with test management tools, such as Zephyr Scale or TestRail
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.