Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Group Manager for Tutor Operations who will oversee the day-to-day Course Hero Tutor Operation Services provided by EMAPTA Philippines. The Group Manager for Tutor Operations will ensure that the department achieves operational targets for cost, quality, and speed by ensuring teams know what is expected of them, motivated, and have what they need to be successful in their roles. As the Group Manager, Tutor Operations you will manage in-house teams and contractors who work primarily remotely. This will involve managing team leads and supervising team members across various functions in multiple work shifts.
You will lead your group to
- build relationships with top universities to attract quality tutors who will provide support to students through Course Hero’s Q&A platform,
- build processes to ensure we admit the right tutors, and
- support those tutors and help them to be successful on Course hero.
To do this you will need to develop high-performing teams that will support tutor operations. You will facilitate recruitment of new team members, build new functions, and ensure teams can operate and scale successfully.
You will be accountable to ensure that service level agreements, business standards, quality output and targets are efficiently and consistently met. You will be the primary conduit between the Tutor Operations teams in the US and the Philippines, and an integral part of Course Hero’s fast growing Tutor Marketplace.
Note: This is a full-time employment (fully remote). Candidates must be based in the Philippines.
- Expand the pool of qualified tutors by sourcing from top universities in the Philippines and screening to ensure we admit the right ones.
- Scale the team by facilitating recruitment, hiring, and screening of applicants.
- Contribute to organization success by implementing projects initiated by the management in a timely manner.
- Build company culture and values by engaging employees in creating a safe, fun, and positive work environment.
- Manage leads across multiple functions by establishing communication rhythm and feedback loop.
- Set employees for success by providing them relevant training, career opportunity growth, feedback, and necessary support to meet their daily and weekly goals.
- Maintain operations success by coaching leads to performing quality assessments and keeping everyone focused on their tasks.
- Maintain accuracy of accounting records by monitoring and reconciling vendor’s billing versus actual services rendered (hours reported vs. volume work.)
- Drive the achievement of the group's KPIs (Time to Approve Tutor applications, Tutor Quality Score, Tutor Cost of Acquisition, Tutor Lifetime Value, etc.), set by the business by ensuring metrics are established, monitored, analyzed, communicated to stakeholders and proactively acted upon.
- Attain service level agreements by ensuring employee schedules and resources are organized and available.
- Increase operational efficiency and productivity by implementing process improvements and quality assurance audits.
- Build a repository of job aid materials by developing and maintaining process & training documents, standards, and project information.
- Keep business owners and relevant teams up to date with the group performance by providing weekly operational service level reports and updates.
- Bachelor's/College Degree
- MBA or any post-graduate degree is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience as operations manager in one outsourcing firm or similar industry.
- Proven track record of establishing KPI's, SLA's and creating processes to ensure they are met.
- Proven experience that shows commitment in operational excellence
- Savvy with technology - experience with Chrome and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, Hangouts), Zoom, Slack, Google
- Self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude, adaptable to any circumstance, resilient
- Solutions-oriented and results focused
- Has entrepreneurial mindset and understands startup culture
- i5 or latest. 25mbps internet wired connection. latest mobile device.
- Has a quiet work from home space with complete setup
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.