Course Hero is scaling. We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated Principal SEO Strategist to help lead and drive our SEO efforts. You will work with dedicated engineering and AI resources to improve SEO at scale. We have 100M+ indexed pages, 1B+ pageviews/year, 100M+ users/year, and are an Alexa top ~200 US site.
The SEO team is a key part of our growth strategy. We are a company that understands SEO: It is at our core and the way we communicate about growth.
If you enjoy growing rankings on hundreds of thousands of keywords and working on millions of pieces of new and SEO-friendly content, this role is for you.
This is a full-time role located in Vancouver, Canada.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Develop a strategic roadmap that will result in organic traffic growth
- Work with engineering counterparts to make sure strategic direction is being realized, i.e. answer clarifying questions, verify solutions meet the goals
- Define and make improvements on KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics to gauge SEO health and understand organic search performance
- Perform large-scale keyword research and search market analysis
- Identify SEO standard methodologies and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives
- Evaluate experimental results and push forward next steps at a fast pace
- Identify and analyze competitor techniques, as well as benchmark Course Hero’s performance against theirs
- Gather and draw insights from data that can help define areas of SEO optimization
- Collaborate with our analytics team and use data-minded approaches to help guide your decisions and continuously improve our SEO health
Are you our Principal SEO Strategist?
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, eg. Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 5+ years of SEO experience
- Lead large sites (over 10 million pages) with significant organic search traffic
- Track record of earned business wins through SEO
- Shown success in utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action.
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Ability to articulate SEO ideas, strategies, and tactics to audiences with varying knowledge of SEO (novices to technical specialists)
- Ability to thrive with change and creatively solve problems
- Validated understanding of web analytics, algorithm changes, and the nuances of links within the SEO ecosystem
- Deep understanding and experience with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Familiar with tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, DeepCrawl, Botify, etc.
- Experience with SEO A/B testing
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full private medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement savings program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings
- Team lunches
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Social responsibility program (volunteer hours and donation matching program)
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.